I'm making a 3rd video for the recording section and decided to use my half day off to drive down to East Brunswick and take some video of the recording gear for the video.
Well i get into the store and the guy says right away that I would have to leave my video camera at the door and could not use it.

Is it just my store who has this rule about no video or photos?

I was going to call the manager out and show him one of my business cards which would probably get him to change the rules for me but I didn't feel like making a huge deal about it so I just went and looked around then tried the small Roland V-drum set that came out. This was a smaller GC...only a few things to try out and nothing that was all that great...

After that I went to a local store, Freehold music and although they don't have recording gear they let me take as much videos as I needed...their prices are though the roof though...so I tend to stay away from them when buying...

So I go to another store in Redbank and once again, no recording gear....GC is the only place that has the stuff I need to take video of and they wont let me.......it sux...

anyways enough ranting...
I know a girl who works there and she has pictures of her with people who work there in the store and stuff. I don't know though.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Thats weird. I haven't done that before, but i have brought in an amp of my own to try one of their guitars on, as well as brought in my guitar to test out on their amps. I might understand why they wouldn't like you record (they probably have some reason, much like you mom says you can't go play with your friends "because"), but photography is a different situation. What exactly did you want to record hommie?
I went with a friend who was taking pics once and they didn't say anything.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by Bristlehead
most stores are like that for whatever reason, but especially clothing stores

I think the main part is they dont want their "custom designs" leaving the store and reaching to other designers...although if someone buys the clothes they are going out of the store anyways...

I had a manager speak to me when jotting notes down at best buy after getting prices from Circuit City and a few other places when comparing prices for TVs. They don't like their prices being taken out of the store and have a set policy on that which I was shown...
Quote by moody07747
I think the main part is they dont want their "custom designs" leaving the store and reaching to other designers...although if someone buys the clothes they are going out of the store anyways...

I had a manager speak to me when jotting notes down at best buy after getting prices from Circuit City and a few other places when comparing prices for TVs. They don't like their prices being taken out of the store and have a set policy on that which I was shown...

Doesnt that sound a lot like when the RIAA said that "remembering" a tune and humming it or even speaking of it is copyright infringement? I find those rules to be an annoyance put in place by someone without friends or a genitalia.

Im sorry for you bro.
Maybe they think people are taping what they want to steal or something of that nature. (Thinks of covert operation to steal guitars)

that or they can be a bunch of douchbags?
we must become the change we want to see.