I found this awesome freeware game on 1up.com while Stumbling a few hours ago.

Link

It's actually really in depth and historically accurate, which is usually something you don't see from games of this sort.

You can play from 1901 - 2005, or start anywhere inbetween.

Personally, I started in 1990, with my hometown Braves, hoping to recreate the awesomeness that was 1991 - 2006. Sadly, though, that didn't go as planned.

I did well the first season, but missed out on the Wild Card, and decided to try and build a better team over the off season. I got around to getting Greg Maddux (just like in real life), and then I got Fred McGriff, Mark McGwuire, Ozzie Guillen, and Rickey Henderson through free agency (not so accurate. ), and then I signed Chipper Jones in the Draft and let the game take care of the rest.

Well, after going into some hefty debt in 1991 (not-so-surprisingly), I led my way to a decent season, barely missing the Wild Card.

Well, then I get to 1992, and I'm awesome. My team goes without big injuries most of the season, and I'm tied for the Wild Card halfway through September and have a good lead over the other teams. I'M PLAYOFF BOUND!

But hold on....... Ozzie Guillen gets hurt at the end of September, that led to a more depressing fall than the Mets did in 2007..... We finished 7 games back in the division.

But enough of my ramblings. This game is amazing. If you decide to play, maybe we can get some sort of league going on, and post our teams proceedings at regular intervals and whatnot.

I don't know. Something, though.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by imthehitcher
what is this sorcery?

Amazing sorcery is what it is.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20