What kind of single coil pickup would you guys suggest for a blink 182, green day, sum 41 type of sound. Second do they still make Mesas boogies? Third, what do you guys think about the slim top heavy bottom ernie balls?

Alright im gonna have a couple hundred, because im waiting for a quote on my epiphone from musiciansfriend. I plan on putting a seymour duncan invader in my strat (if i can cut a hole in it), putting some slim top heavy bottoms on it, and playing a couple amps, i may or may not upgrade, and i was just wondering if they make mesa boogies still.
Last edited by Guitar9494 at Apr 14, 2008,
you need to get a new pick guard, yes they still make mesa boogies.
Gear

82' Gibson Les Paul w/ EMG KFK
Schecter Limited Edition C-1 Artist
Fender Fat Strat
B-52 AT100 Head
B-52 AT100 Cab
Blackstar ht-distx
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-2
they still make mesas and im sure you can route a strat to ssh and please dont but an invader in a strat.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Quote by Guitar9494
What kind of single coil pickup would you guys suggest for a blink 182, green day, sum 41 type of sound. Second do they still make Mesas boogies? Third, what do you guys think about the slim top heavy bottom ernie balls?

Alright im gonna have a couple hundred, because im waiting for a quote on my epiphone from musiciansfriend. I plan on putting a seymour duncan invader in my strat (if i can cut a hole in it), putting some slim top heavy bottoms on it, and playing a couple amps, i may or may not upgrade, and i was just wondering if they make mesa boogies still.

1. i wouldnt suggest a single coil for that type of music (I would suggest humbucker) **some SD's

2. yes mesa is still around.

3. slim/heavys are nice if you want a fatter/ chunkier sound (hint* zakk wylde uses them)

4. I wouldn't get an epi.
For that type of music, I would recommend a P-90 ( I know Billie Joe has one in his les paul jnr.) However, by single coil I assume you mean a strat pickup so you probably want a strat sized humbucker. What is the problem with the current pickups, sound wise?

Mesa are still produced
If you put slim top heavy bottoms on you'll need to set-up the guitar. I put a set on a RG350dx. The effect was terrible. Now, the results on a strat trem are going to be nowhere nere as bad, but you will still have to adjust things.

Seymour Duncan Invaders get absolutely terrible reviews and most people on UG hold them in contempt.

I don't think you will be able to afford a Mesa. In the UK (where I live) they are very expensive.