ok so i have a question i bought a schecter hellraiser c1 fr a few months ago and this is my first time with a floyd rose and locking nut system. so i have one question....on the headstock just above where the locking nut system is there is a black 'bar' going across the strings theat screws in....on my guitar it is a lil lose ...so my question is..is it supposed to be a lil lose or do i need to tighten it?? look at the picture of my guitar on my profile if you dont know what black bar i mean
Quote by syyz1
I'm on my period, wearing no sort of protection, naked on a white chair

Quote by *Juno*
I put my balls inside the sound hole and strummed myself to ectasy

Quote by °☻°
I like it hairy, that way i can play welcome to the jungle while i have sex!
Tighten it! Refer to the Official FR setup sticky please.
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
Quote by vengeance_elite
ok so i have a question i bought a schecter hellraiser c1 fr a few months ago and this is my first time with a floyd rose and locking nut system. so i have one question....on the headstock just above where the locking nut system is there is a black 'bar' going across the strings theat screws in....on my guitar it is a lil lose ...so my question is..is it supposed to be a lil lose or do i need to tighten it?? look at the picture of my guitar on my profile if you dont know what black bar i mean

That is the string retainer bar. The strings are supposed to go under it and be held beneath the nut. From there they extend to the machine heads. Be sure your strings are under it and then clamp it down.

ok well i tried to tighten it but when i tried to it wouldnt tigthen at all. i dont want to over do it to where it strips it or breaks my guitar it is very expensive
Quote by syyz1

Quote by *Juno*

Quote by °☻°
Dude don't worry, do both sides slowly and equally. C1 isn't that expensive anyways.
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
ok well niether of them tighten and it is lose and my guitar was expensive. $1000 dont tell me thats not alot
Quote by syyz1

Quote by *Juno*

Quote by °☻°
Quote by vengeance_elite
ok well i tried to tighten it but when i tried to it wouldnt tigthen at all. i dont want to over do it to where it strips it or breaks my guitar it is very expensive

You need to tighten the bar over the strings before cranking the tuning pegs or locking the nut. Then once your strings are under the retainer you are in fine shape to do everything else. If you have the other things tight first then there will be no slack to let you tighten the bar.

If, for example, you are changing your strings, then you start with the retainer bar already screwed down, and you slip the strings under it before winding them around the machine heads. Try that and you should be okay.
Last edited by Chorduroy at Apr 16, 2008,
Quote by Chorduroy
You need to tighten the bar over the strings before cranking the tuning pegs or locking the nut. Then once your strings are under the retainer you are in fine shape to do everything else. If you have the other things tight first then there will be no slack to let you tighten the bar.

If, for example, you are changing your strings, then you start with the retainer bar already screwed down, and you slip the strings under it before winding them around the machine heads. Try that and you should be okay.

ok well i didnt change the strings or anything i just noticed it was lose when i was playing
Quote by syyz1

Quote by *Juno*

Quote by °☻°
Quote by vengeance_elite
ok well i didnt change the strings or anything i just noticed it was lose when i was playing

Cool. Shouldn't be a problem. Just loosen the tuning pegs so you have plenty of slack between them and the nut, and then tighten the bar. At that point I think you should be okay. Maybe you just got a faulty guitar (quality control slipped on a banana peel and sent you a dud ) and need to exchange for a perfect one?
ok cool thanx and the guitar isnt faulty its just that one screw came lose in the bar and i dint know if it was normal or wat
Quote by syyz1

Quote by *Juno*

Quote by °☻°
Quote by vengeance_elite
ok cool thanx and the guitar isnt faulty its just that one screw came lose in the bar and i dint know if it was normal or wat

No prob. Not accusing Schecter of selling turds; I just want to be sure you get perfection before the warranty runs out. Do well.
Quote by Chorduroy
No prob. Not accusing Schecter of selling turds; I just want to be sure you get perfection before the warranty runs out. Do well.

wel thanx for lookin out for me lol
Quote by syyz1

Quote by *Juno*

Quote by °☻°
ok ya i think i just still need to tighten it sum but i have to be really careful
Quote by syyz1

Quote by *Juno*

Quote by °☻°