Hey, never bought a guitar before (parents got my first one for Christmas) and I'm looking to get an epi lp standard , Blackheart BH5-112 , and Bad Monkey OD pedal .

I made a spreadsheet (nerdy, I know but f*ck it) and with cables, tuner, strings, strap locks, strap it came to around $1150 (from prices off guitar center.com with tax).
I'm looking to spend around $850. Do you think it would be possible to get this set-up for that price?

If they throw in the strap, cables, tuner, it is just a hair over $1000. I really can't spend over $900 but I'd like to stay in the area of $850 or less, but also need to get it set-up and hopefully a free case too.

I'm planning on buying it from guitar center, as its the only guitar store near me.

Is this an unrealistic expectation or can I get the gear at that price?
idk if you can do that, but i have to say the epi lp is a kick ass guitar. i have one myself [] and i have to say i love it. if all else fails get a different amp and get the les paul.
Quote by H4t3BR33D3R
fourteen?
For Christ sake she probably couldn't get to the center of a Tootsie Pop let alone suck your **** properly. Just get someone your own age you tosser.
I was told by the guy I usually buy from that they were switching to fixed pricing.

I haven't put it to the test yet, but if they have, then I'll be doing my shopping online I guess from now on.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
I definitely think its do-able for less than the actual retail price you came up with. Look around.
If used equipment doesn't bother you then yes it would be very possible. Just check around Craigslist, EBAY or you local paper for stuff being sold. Also if looks aren't that important I heard that the Plain top is pretty much the same thing but doesn't have the same look to it but check it out: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Standard-Plain-Top-Electric-Guitar-103812863-i1149387.gc
that could save you some money.