So this is how it goes: Lately, I've been noticing that my tone seemed "thinner" not as in brighter, but less thick. I'm not sure what the problem is, I have a Line 6 Floor Pod (the $200 one, it works for me and has a pretty good JCM800 model) that goes through an EVJ head. On the Floor pod, there's only Bass and Treble knobs, no Mid. I use a Gibson les paul Classic 07 btw with everything still stock.

I'm not sure if that's the reason (the no Mid knob), but would an EQ Pedal be able to give me some Mid? Or make my tone sound a little thicker? and if so, what pedals do you guys recommend?

Any replies are welcomed, thanks!
Quote by sg622
what amp are you playing through?

Epiphone Valve Junior, as he stated
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Quote by Mockingbird452
So this is how it goes: Lately, I've been noticing that my tone seemed "thinner" not as in brighter, but less thick. I'm not sure what the problem is, I have a Line 6 Floor Pod (the $200 one, it works for me and has a pretty good JCM800 model) that goes through an EVJ head. On the Floor pod, there's only Bass and Treble knobs, no Mid. I use a Gibson les paul Classic 07 btw with everything still stock.

I'm not sure if that's the reason (the no Mid knob), but would an EQ Pedal be able to give me some Mid? Or make my tone sound a little thicker? and if so, what pedals do you guys recommend?

Any replies are welcomed, thanks!

too bad you aint in southern cali. Im selling my Boss EQ pedal. I kid you not, I only used it like 30 minutes and then never again, only because I found out how to get a tone I like on my amp without the EQ. I would recommend you try one though.
Quote by Mockingbird452
What kind of boss pedal?

and yeah... I live around the Bay Area part of CA.

its the GE-7. Pretty well known. Look it up and try one out
Quote by rockabilly1955
its the GE-7. Pretty well known. Look it up and try one out

Oh, Yeah. I've been hearing that pedal is great, same with the MXR-10 Band. I'll check them out.

I'll probably go to Guitarcenter this weekend and check out the pedals and see if any of them will solve my problem. I'll definately check the GE-7 out.

Thanks.
Are you saying that at one time it did sound good with the floor POD or got thin after you added the floor pod? How old are your tubes? i've got an XTL and an MXR 108 and both do wonders for the Vj. If everything else is ok an EQ should work for you. My XTL has mids and it would be a more expensive swap then your floor pod, but also more amp models I believe. And the Vj loves amp modeling. Depends on what it means to you.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD