Ok, so I was at practice right, tuning my guitar cause I was out of tune, then as I'm tuning the last string and it's in perfect tune, the strap on my Ibanez Iceman suddenly breaks, and my guitar falls to the cement basement floor and lands on its side/back. Now the finish is cracked and looks like it was hit by a meteor. What do I do, and how expensive will it be? I would show you a picture but... I didn't have my camera ready for this.
Haben sie Milch?
Meh, nothing really. You could get it refinished but that would be too expensive and most likely not worth it.

Keep the dings, it gives it character.

Also, Straplocks and Levy Straps are your friend.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
same thing happened to my friend the other day. except he caught it, only after it was too late. now he gots get his neck realigned. sorry pal
What the hell were you thinking?

i duno lol. tihs r liek wen i traid drawn maiself n teh t0ilit.

ROFL.

EPICPHAIL.

gess i cant dai.
or the Dizmario clip lock strap.

i had just finished investing in them and they worked...and then my cat ran into my 1 month old Gibson Les Paul and cracked the headstock in half.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
It's sad. I liked my guitar. And now... this ugly yellow/black crack crater thing is there. Just out of curiosity, how much would it be to repair it?
Haben sie Milch?
Quote by LemonNinja
It's sad. I liked my guitar. And now... this ugly yellow/black crack crater thing is there. Just out of curiosity, how much would it be to repair it?

A complete refin would be something like 300 bucks. Probably more if your guitar has a Polyurethane finish.

That would only fix it if it's solely a finish problem. If you cracked the wood, you're out of luck.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I'll get some pics tommorow hopefully. It's probably not as bad as I make it out to be, but I could be wrong. I kind of left practice afterwords because I got pissed at my drummer (for "sound checking" the drums, every 5 seconds) so I didn't have enough time to truly look at the injury.
Haben sie Milch?
I really don't see the point of refinishing the guitar though. Guitars will get dinged. It's a fact. The only way to make sure your guitar is prestine is by not playing it and keeping it under lock and key.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
it happens..

as cliche as it sounds.. it adds character.

its always a bit haeartbreaking to see your baby fall and scrape its knee.. but.. what can ya do.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Cracks are awesome.. post some pics!
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Straplocks and Levy Straps
Four words to live by.
I have a dent literally the size of my thumb and about 3mm deep in the back of my Washburn. I love it. I hope they don't fix it when it's being setup this week (though I really doubt they would without calling first).
Unlucky man. But as long as it hasn't damaged the neck or anything, and you can still play, that's what I'd appreciate right now
Man, I swear it's the location of the straphooks. My strap came off my Iceman and I dropped it like 2 weeks after I bought it. Very minimal damage though, you can barely see the chip. It sucks though, I feel your pain.
i too, think scratches give character, which is why i wouldnt have the scratch on the back of my LP refinished, and its only like 1" to 1 1/2" long, so it would be extremely cheap

but yeah, if the wood is cracked, your screwed, sorry man
Turquoise Team Beasts!
I don't understand how people drop their guitars from straps all the time... *knock wood*

Try buying an individual strap for each guitar and keeping it on there at all times. This way the ends don't get frayed from constantly taking it on and off various guitars.
Steinberger GU/Spirit w/ Moses Graphite neck, EMG 81-85
"Fireball" Pacer/RG hybrid

Furman Power Conditioner
Axe-Fx Standard
ART SLA-1
Yamaha S112V
Peak FCB4N
I love the scratches and dents on my Strat. Scratches and dents give it character. It actually fell off today. I still haven't gotten straplocks.

I was playing Texas Flood and the strat slipped off the peg. My guitar fell on my wah, right on the side of the body. Then, the upper horn hit the tweed speaker grille on my amp

Everything's fine though. I thought I had ripped the grille though. Almost had a heart attack.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--