Page 1 of 3
I just bought a Jackson JS30KV King V.God I love it and plays like a frigging sex pot.Like to hear about your Flying V guitars!

Honour the V
man i got a ibanez rocket roll II and it rocks, yea its 20 years old and the pick-ups are going out but its tone is so solid and smooth
I'm really into Vs aye. I got an SV and I got plans to own about 5 or 6 more Vs.
ESP Forest STD S7
ESP SV STD
ESP LTD DV8-R (FOR SALE - $700 AUD)
Agile Intrepid 828
Morley Bad Horse 2
ISP Decimator G String
Framus Cobra
Mesa Recto 4x12
I bought the Randy Rhoads model which I use now. My only complaint is how it takes awhile to get used to playing sitting down. How does the King V handle in that aspect?
D:
Signature.
Put an order on an Epiphone '58 V this afternoon. Can't wait for it to arrive

does anyone know what v guitars are produced as lefties?
the only ones i can find are jackson rhoads and deans.
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/profile_mojo_data/2/7/3/0/273008/pics/_c224207_image_0.jpg
And a stock pic 'cos the bottom was cut off in the pic:
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/profile_mojo_data/2/7/3/0/273008/pics/_c47016_image_0.jpg
I'm going to start buying parts and stuff, then later this year I'm going to:
Install Irongear Hot Slag PUPs
NOS BC Rich 80's 6-inline Neck
Refinish in a deep yellow
New Fretboard with custom inlay
New Pots
Possibly a gain booster.

MMmmmm... This could possibly be my next guitar. I've always wanted a V, but five other guitars I'm considering. Last V I played was a Epiphone V, they were nice, but no where near as nice in looks as Jacksons.
My ESP LTD V-500

Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
I've been sorely tempted to try and swap my Epiphone LP standard for one of the 58 V's... Remember playing a similar style one (a 'Popa Chubby' sig version - Apparently he's a New York bluesman or something) a while back, and I just love the feel of them. May well just save up for a Gibson faded V instead - £550 from a local store! (about 1000 dollars US)
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Quote by elgalad

That does it - gold hardware (and frets, hell yeah) on the V I'm building. That looks hot as hell.

What's that thing on the side?

Actually, I came here to ask you V owners what you think about playing sitting down. I want to build a V but I sit while practicing most of the time, and most of the Vs I've tried do not like being played while I'm seated. Any insight? Because I'm probably going to have to build an Explorer if I can't play my V sitting down, and that would be very sad.
I'm looking for a tab of The Marshall Plan, by Blue Oyster Cult, and of Mario Minor, by Powerglove. If you have one please PM me.
Quote by elgalad

That's sexy Puts my V to shame.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
Quote by Firewind Raging
My ESP LTD V-500

those are probably the best Vs ive ever played.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by The Minorthreat
I just bought a Jackson JS30KV King V.God I love it and plays like a frigging sex pot.Like to hear about your Flying V guitars!

Honour the V

I just got my Jackson King V too. I'll put some pics up soon they won't be nice because I'll be taking them off my cell phone.

Last edited by Im_freakinbad67 at Apr 15, 2008,
My V. I love it!!!

Quote by thedude051
bubbaearl...Man that is...THE SICKEST NAME EVER!!!

Quote by Stress Cow
bubbaearl... apparently it's the sickest name ever

Are you over 30?
Probably not, but if you are, click HERE.
Head banger band?^^^
Quote by bemiswins
if someone flames you on the internet for music you like, they fail.

Here's my YouTube if anyone wants to see some of my videos.
Quote by The Minorthreat
I heard bad things about that guitar.... looks good but idk if it is sex worthy?

Meh its alright, new pick ups would make SCREAM for teh sex!
your v is nice. but your friend needs to snap the bc rich wannabe head of his schecter and get a proper metal guitar if he wants to be really br00talz
Quote by freakypop
man i got a ibanez rocket roll II and it rocks, yea its 20 years old and the pick-ups are going out but its tone is so solid and smooth

I saw Paul Gilbert use one of those, and I've been wanting it ever since I figured out what it was. Damned sexy guitar.

I've always loved the V's. I used to rock a Gibson Vibrola style V, but sold it a good while ago. Was a brilliant guitar though, I kinda miss it.

/Jackson V's are great, on of my friends plays on a Rhoads V of somekind (expensive one), real sharp lookin and even better playin.
Quote by hiphopopotamus
I saw Paul Gilbert use one of those, and I've been wanting it ever since I figured out what it was. Damned sexy guitar.

I've always loved the V's. I used to rock a Gibson Vibrola style V, but sold it a good while ago. Was a brilliant guitar though, I kinda miss it.

/Jackson V's are great, on of my friends plays on a Rhoads V of somekind (expensive one), real sharp lookin and even better playin.

did it for teh sex
Quote by miggyi
My Dean V

I have exactly the same ****ing guitar.

Dude the neck, THE NECK

GODDAMN THE NECK IS SO ****ING AWSOME D:
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Quote by Hcmanu
I have exactly the same ****ing guitar.

Dude the neck, THE NECK

GODDAMN THE NECK IS SO ****ING AWSOME D:

Yes
Quote by AgentWiggles
That does it - gold hardware (and frets, hell yeah) on the V I'm building. That looks hot as hell.

What's that thing on the side?

Actually, I came here to ask you V owners what you think about playing sitting down. I want to build a V but I sit while practicing most of the time, and most of the Vs I've tried do not like being played while I'm seated. Any insight? Because I'm probably going to have to build an Explorer if I can't play my V sitting down, and that would be very sad.

Sounds to me like you answered your own question.. I'm not 100% but it appears to me to be some kind of grip surface so you can play it sitting like a normal shaped guitar.

I was very close to getting a V instead of a strat, I've wanted a black one for ages with gearless tuners (like the gibson GotM V) but I couldn't find one locally Am I the only one who prefers the normal TOM to that V shaped bridge? I kinda think gold hardware looks like tack, too
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
Quote by Highbinder
Sounds to me like you answered your own question.. I'm not 100% but it appears to me to be some kind of grip surface so you can play it sitting like a normal shaped guitar.

That it is. It's pretty easy to play sitting down, although it still doesn't balance too well.

Quote by Highbinder
Am I the only one who prefers the normal TOM to that V shaped bridge? I kinda think gold hardware looks like tack, too

Yes, and you're a tasteless hack
yeah!

Epiphone Flying V with Dimarzio XN2 and Fred with "custom" pickguard, (got a bit wasted and had fun with it.)
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Quote by CarbonDeath
yeah!

Epiphone Flying V with Dimarzio XN2 and Fred with "custom" pickguard, (got a bit wasted and had fun with it.)

did you design the pickguard by yourself? looks like a children created it.
Quote by The Minorthreat
did you design the pickguard by yourself? looks like a children created it.

Lol, yeah I might as had a child do it, he/she would have done a better job, but the guitar itself plays better than my friends Jackson Soloist, so i can't complain.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
got a jackson rr3 in transparent red with emg's.

pics in profile.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Page 1 of 3