So if you saw my other thread about the headphone amp you will know what im talking about.

I finished my headphone amp yesterday. sounds good. evreythings working.

Now i have two 1 watt speakers.

I want to make a tiny 2 watt cab for them so i can use the headphone amp as an amp head.

what do i have to do so both speakers can be used?

Sorry if this is confusing.
Mount them in an enclosure. Wire them in parallel + to +, - to -, and connect them to the amp.
Quote by Losenger
Mount them in an enclosure. Wire them in parallel + to +, - to -, and connect them to the amp.

Don't do this!

First of all what Ohms are the speakers? and the amp? This will determine whether you wire them in series or in parallel. When you have determined this you can them wire it accordingly. If you are going to wire them in series then wire the - of one speaker to the + of the other, as you would with batteries or anythine else. NOT + to + or - to - as this guy said.
Quote by supergerbil
Don't do this!

First of all what Ohms are the speakers? and the amp? This will determine whether you wire them in series or in parallel. When you have determined this you can them wire it accordingly. If you are going to wire them in series then wire the - of one speaker to the + of the other, as you would with batteries or anythine else. NOT + to + or - to - as this guy said.

Well i think ther like... 0.8 ohms... I dont realy know. on the schematic of the thing i pulled the speaker from it said 0.8ohms or 8ohms i dont know...

Now im confused...
It will most likely be 8 ohms- a common value for speakers. I'm not sure which would be best but a small headphone amp it probably wont matter. So just wire them in series and see if it works
Seeing as how most headphones have an impedance of 60 Ohms or more, I would wire them in series. That would would give you a 16 Ohm load. Wiring them in parallel, would give you 4 Ohms.

If the amp clips you could try adding a resistor to the circuit?
Attachments:
spk_2_ser.gif
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic
What are the speakers from?

-Mick.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM