michael romeo is more metal than yngwie. and i use "metal" literally - darker, heavier, not always neoclassical, wayy better riffs. so therefore i like him more.

i also think he knows more when to slow it down. yngwie is a bit extreme.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
I don't know whose "your favourite shredder" that is, perhaps you could ask around?
Father ov Terror!
Abu ol-Hol
enter the pylon
thru' the galleys ov past
catacombs ov night
into the starry womb

www.belphegor.at
paul gilbert
nuff said
Quote by H4t3BR33D3R
fourteen?
For Christ sake she probably couldn't get to the center of a Tootsie Pop let alone suck your **** properly. Just get someone your own age you tosser.
THE Shredder

Last edited by imgooley at Apr 15, 2008,
me

i shred cheese like you've never seen.

and i hate the term shred. it's over used.
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
Jason Becker/Marty Friedman/Randy Rhoads

All tied...maybe I could squeeze Paul Gilbert in there to, because I can .
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by blood8815
Shredding sucks

this guy = smart
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
I like them all :-( and I am envious of all of their skills but +1 to marty friedman. Shredding doesn't "suck", MOST people who say that would probably secretly kill to be able to play with the speed and accuracy of someone like Yngwie, now don't get me wrong I know it can be over done and become very redundant sounding, but their is no doubting it takes a vast amount of musical knowledge and discipline to acheive what they have.

I have the same respect for shredders as I do for good classical players, blues players, country pickers, etc..... I don't see how a guitar player can look at a high level of guitar playing and say "that sucks". It may not interest you but it does not suck.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
Shawn Lane.
Sick Licks
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Either one of these: Marty Friedman, Michael Romeo, Guthrie Govan, or Ron Jarzombek
I really can't choose the better one.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

seriously though, Randy Rhoads. I personally dislike shredding in general, but he is the only guitarist that is considered a "shredder" that I actually like.
Last edited by ilikeguitar90 at Apr 15, 2008,
Quote by Rust_in_Peace34
Either one of these: Marty Friedman, Michael Romeo, Guthrie Govan, or Ron Jarzombek
I really can't choose the better one.

+1
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by blood8815
Shredding sucks
+1

Shredding sucks.
I have no opinion on this matter.
matt heafy
My Gear
Ibanez GSZ 120
Aria Pro II SL
Starfire Mega 10
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall MG100 DFX
Probably Buckethead although I don't consider him to be a shredder (Even though he can shred like a mother****er). But all out shredders: Gilbert.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
most shredding sounds pretty awful

but Eric Johnson and Paul Gilbert are pretty awesome
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Paul Gilbert for the fact that he is really cool and doesn't have to be shredding all the time - he can play fast, but doesn't feel he has to.
And Guthrie Govan for jaw-dropping ability...
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
Quote by flambe chicken
Paul Gilbert for the fact that he is really cool and doesn't have to be shredding all the time - he can play fast, but doesn't feel he has to.

I agree. He covers a wide array of styles and seems like a really down to earth guy. I guess that doesn't make him play any better, but it can't hurt.
Shredding sucks and rating a guitrist on notes per minute is just ****ing stupid, surely it should be skill and technique and soul not how qucikly you can rape your e-string or b string if your slipknot, A nuts blues jam is a lot harder to play than shredding, probably gona get flammed for that so Flame Sheild i chose you lol
Quote by .HUZZAH.
Just hit all the strings at once, raping your e string and making retardly out of place pinch harmonics

oh wait, this isn't a slipknot concert..

FREEBIRD!

And the amish said let their be CHEESE...
Quote by dannyniceboy
I like them all :-( and I am envious of all of their skills but +1 to marty friedman. Shredding doesn't "suck", MOST people who say that would probably secretly kill to be able to play with the speed and accuracy of someone like Yngwie, now don't get me wrong I know it can be over done and become very redundant sounding, but their is no doubting it takes a vast amount of musical knowledge and discipline to acheive what they have.

I have the same respect for shredders as I do for good classical players, blues players, country pickers, etc..... I don't see how a guitar player can look at a high level of guitar playing and say "that sucks". It may not interest you but it does not suck.

*hushes n00b with ninja strike*
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by GuitarManDan15
Shredding sucks and rating a guitrist on notes per minute is just ****ing stupid, surely it should be skill and technique and soul not how qucikly you can rape your e-string or b string if your slipknot, A nuts blues jam is a lot harder to play than shredding, probably gona get flammed for that so Flame Sheild i chose you lol

I think speed and skill are good things to have for playing guitar, but I agree that shred isn't very pleasant to listen to, and is more of a novelty to me. I chose Paul Gilbert as my favorite because he can actually write songs and works his shred into them fairly tastefully. This is, however, a favorite shredder thread, not a fastest shredder thread. I think the fastest (though I've no idea if this still holds true) was this guy, who I have no interest in listening to, but I do admire his dedication and the results he's achieved from what I can imagine were many, many hours of practice.