Hi im looking at some higher end Dist. and OD's. I was wondering if you guys could give me any feedback on the following. Which are the most cersatile?

Jekyll & Hyde OD/Dist (140)
MI Audio Crunchbox (130)
Fulltone OCD (160)
MIAudio Tube Zone (200)

If there are any others in the under 200 range, please suggest. Im looking for versatile and high quality. I want to be able to get High gain for a little bit of metal.
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
You'll be putting it through a DA5?

I wouldn't recommend any if that's the case. They're all good pedals, but to get them to sound how they're supposed to, you need a better amp as well. Not to mention that modeling amps don't take distortions very well.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Those aren't high end overdrives, friend.
Either way, +1 on a different amp if a DA5 is all you've got.
Spending $200 dollars to overdrive a $140 Solid State amp.

I dont think I need to say anything more.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Quote by mike.h
Spending $200 dollars to overdrive a $140 Solid State amp.

I dont think I need to say anything more.

+exorbitantly high number
No lol sorry. Im gonna be getting a peavey classic 30. Thats just what i have right now.

I just saw a demo of the tube zone and im really liking it.
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
Id personally go with the VisualSound J&H. Two pedals in one, both sides are top notch, and its not all that expensive.
I've been looking at the Jetter's Gain Stage, but it's a wee bit above your price.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
how much? Also to the guy who said they aren't high end, they are higher than ts-9 and other well looked upen od's. Maybe not the j&k but the tube zone is pretty high up there IMO. There isbetter but they are still excellent pedals.
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
Quote by dzaerpoor
how much? Also to the guy who said they aren't high end, they are higher than ts-9 and other well looked upen od's. Maybe not the j&k but the tube zone is pretty high up there IMO. There isbetter but they are still excellent pedals.

...thus they aren't high end, more in the middle-high.
High end is where you look at like H&K tube-OD's, or boutique stuff from independent electricians/luthiers.

Anywho, what are those prices in? Dollars? Because I'm in the market for a J&H right now, and they're about 180 euro's over here. The Fulltone goes for 250E.
Remeber amp before pedals or guitar ALWAYS. unless your playing with a plywood body and a 2x4 neck

btw if you really want I don't know if I can do this. But I have my own pedal the "old skool fuzz" there is a demo on my profile if you would like to buy that I'm still tweaking but lemme know
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Apr 15, 2008,
if you can find one, not sure if they make it anymore. AMT's Du Hast pedal.

http://amtelectronicsusa.com/productpageduhast.html

plenty thick, very reponsive all around.

though I'd go for a new amp, maybe one of the small tube ones like the blackheart
prices are in dollars. I'm not looking for the pedal now sorry. Doing my research first. Not sure where you live but I guess the us has cheaper thing but you guys have better amps (assuming you live in uk, australia and so on.
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
Quote by dzaerpoor
prices are in dollars. I'm not looking for the pedal now sorry. Doing my research first. Not sure where you live but I guess the us has cheaper thing but you guys have better amps (assuming you live in uk, australia and so on.

that didn't make much sense.

But what the heck are you talking about UK australia have better amps? lol.

US has mesa boogie Fender stuff like that come one man
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Y00p
...thus they aren't high end, more in the middle-high.
High end is where you look at like H&K tube-OD's, or boutique stuff from independent electricians/luthiers.

Anywho, what are those prices in? Dollars? Because I'm in the market for a J&H right now, and they're about 180 euro's over here. The Fulltone goes for 250E.

Proguitarshop.com Ships worldwide ajdthsts what I'm getting my prices from. the j&k was 140$ on that site.
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
TC Electronics Distortion + Boost.

I'm looking at getting one (pricey but great).
Fender 60W Super-Sonic Head
Fender 2x12 Cabinet (Vintage 30s)
TC Electronics G Major
Boss Blues Driver BD-2 w/ Keeley mod
MXR 6 Band EQ
BB Preamp
TS-9
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

American Fender Stratocaster
ive tried the tube zone. its a great pedal. another to add to your list is the supercharged overdrive which i think is also good. chose a blackstar pedal over both of them and the crunchbox as well but i dont think they sell them in america.
Quote by Bostonrocks

But what the heck are you talking about UK australia have better amps? lol.

US has mesa boogie Fender stuff like that come one man

Yeah but we get high-end Laney, Marshall, ENGL and Hughes and Kettner stuff cheaper; it all depends on what you want from your tone really.

Edit: And Orange and Cornford like someone below said.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Last edited by Zaphod_Beeblebr at Apr 15, 2008,
Quote by Bostonrocks
But what the heck are you talking about UK and Australia have better amps?
US has Mesa Boogie, Fender and stuff like that. Come on man

Well dunno about Oz - but we have Orange and Marshall for cheaper than you have in the US. There's other companies too like Cornford and Blackstar which are highly rated. Probably others as well that I've missed.
American Deluxe maple board Strat
Hot Rod Deluxe
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
Yeah i meant other high end amps. TO EVERYBODY ABOVE, IT WILL NOT BE GOING WITH A VOX DA5, IT WILL GO WITH A PEAVEY CLASSIC 30, GO OFF OF THAT.
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'