I'm going to try to turn this into a full on song eventually, but just now I wanted to get the idea down before I forgot it. Tell me what you think about both the chord progression and lead guitar.

it's in my profile, thanks!
It sounds like it could be something on a Kill Bill soundtrack or with some desert landscape scenery :P

I got a really bluesy southern vibe which I liked and it was very minimal, which had a more profound impact.

The tone of the lead guitar, sorry to say, is not very good it's excessively digitized. But the solo was very good and you nailed the style, as a minor point perhaps incorporate some memorable hooks or simple little melody line in the midst of the solo.

It was really just the tone of the lead guitar that bothered me everything else was good.

*c4c*

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=838794
Last edited by ixelion at Apr 16, 2008,
The tone sucks because I was using my toneport ux1 with modellers... the modellers sound pretty good for clean guitar but horrible for lead guitar. When I put together a final version I'll mic my amp.

Good point with the melody, I've got one in mind but I'm still hammering it out. And I'm glad you mentioned the minimal, knowing when not to play has been very hard for me and I've been working on it.

Thanks for the crit!
i like it. very laid back. nice flow. chord progression is good. i like the lead, doesnt overdue it. but like what has been said before, give something to make it memorable.

crit mine kind sir?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=839431
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
The chord progression is pretty interesting. Not really my style of music, so I don't know how to really comment on it. But I thought it was enjoyable to listen to, and the lead guitar kept it from getting boring. What you have sounds good, it just gets a bit repetitive. I would just suggest changing it up a little more when you turn it into a full song. Thanks for the comment on mine.