Hey im new to cabs and heads.

So can i use my amp (100 watts) with an amp head?
mmy amp has two inputs but no output it that makes a diference.

Also my amp is a aXl rapture 100.

If you have a head... you need speakers for it, the speakers aren't built into the head and it won't produce any sound without them, it will also damage the head if you turn it on without a speaker load being plugged into it.

I'm not really sure what you mean by "can I use my amp with an amp head?" because an amp and amp head are the same thing unless you're saying you have a combo amp and want to use a head through it, or you have a speaker cab and want to use the head through it?

*confused*
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
do u mean sending the speaker out of the head into the guitar input of a combo amp? if you do, i advise against this
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Yea sorry i know that was confusing.

Ok so my local music store is having a sale on all marshal stuff. i like my amps clean tone but it hasnt got the best distortion. so i was wondering if i can use a marshal amp head to get a better distortion/tone etc.

Is that easier to understand?
if you put your ear to the ground you can hear the hoard of anti-mg users coming to flame you for thinking about cheaper marshalls

there's a much easier way of getting better distortion thru an amp with good cleans, pedals! either overdrive or distortion. it should give a better sound than a cheap SS head anyways.

and if you're talking about a more expensive mashall tube head, you'd want to throw that other amp you have out the window and get a real cab instead.
Quote by rasker
if you put your ear to the ground you can hear the hoard of anti-mg users coming to flame you for thinking about cheaper marshalls

there's a much easier way of getting better distortion thru an amp with good cleans, pedals! either overdrive or distortion. it should give a better sound than a cheap SS head anyways.

and if you're talking about a more expensive mashall tube head, you'd want to throw that other amp you have out the window and get a real cab instead.

**** i just looked at the website. 2000 bux 0_0

Ok ikm looking and i found a spider that looks alright. Dont flame me. I dont see the point in having a 2000 doller head for a 500 doller ss amp.

But my main question is can i do this without blowing up my amp?
you can hook the heads speaker output to your speakers in your combo amp, but not in the imput of the combo amp.

and now people will tell you not to get a spider amp..
In the absence of a jack connecting the combo's amp to the speaker, you must disconnect the speaker wires in the combo. Then make you own speaker cable out of 12-14 gauge wire with speaker lugs on one end and a 1/4" mono plug at the other. The speaker lugs can be found at an automotive parts store or Radio Shack has both lugs and 1/4" plug.

Do not try connecting your head to anything on the combo amp itself.
Quote by fly135
In the absence of a jack connecting the combo's amp to the speaker, you must disconnect the speaker wires in the combo. Then make you own speaker cable out of 12-14 gauge wire with speaker lugs on one end and a 1/4" mono plug at the other. The speaker lugs can be found at an automotive parts store or Radio Shack has both lugs and 1/4" plug.

Do not try connecting your head to anything on the combo amp itself.

Is it worth doing this? it looks like a pain in the ass and not worth the trouble...
and unplug the combo completely, ur just using the speaker.
match the ohms and make sure you more than cover the watts.

in my case took a few minutes.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011