3 17%
Lebron James
1 6%
Kevin Garnett
3 17%
other
1 6%
Voters: 18.
who's your pick? mine is kobe bryant. shoulda had it last year. i'll be pissed if he doesn't take it this year.

there weren't very high expectations for the lakers this year, especially with the "trade me" drama in october. but i commend kobe's "it's time to shut-up and play" attitude that helped elevate his team form first-round regulars to final contenders. i mean, the lakers are gonna be the best team in the best western conference of all time!!!

he's playing amazing basketball at both ends of the floor, it's his year!!

discuss!!!
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Kyle Krover :-\

Actually probably kobe :-)
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
Sammy Sosa.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
I don't like the guy, but it's gotta be Kobe. Best player in the league hands down.

GO WIZARDS!!
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
poll on the way...
Traynor YCV50 Blue
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Quote by beastiebeatles
I don't like the guy, but it's gotta be Kobe. Best player in the league hands down.

GO WIZARDS!!

you right about that...........the hibachi aint got nothin on Kobe!
nvm, don't know how to do one
Traynor YCV50 Blue
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Quote by psychokiller99
nvm, don't know how to do one

Under the "quick reply" box near the bottom of the page, there should be a "Thread Tools" section. Click the link that says "Add a Poll to this Thread".
cool thanks lol
Traynor YCV50 Blue
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
k poll up, cast your votes and i'll send this to the NBA!! haha
Traynor YCV50 Blue
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Kobe! The Lakers will make a good run once Bynum comes back.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
I'm a Suns fan, but the way Kobe's been playing is simply amazing. His team's been excellent this season, and they've made huge improvements from last year. I wouldn't be suprised if Kobe gets the MVP award, out of all those other players, especially Chris Paul and KG.

EDIT: I didn't know this many UGers watched the NBA...I'm tempted to make a playoffs thread
Last edited by Blackholesun00 at Apr 15, 2008,
Quote by schecter_guy
chris paul. without him, the hornets are crap. that's the definition of a MVP.

You're ridiculous. He has David West. He has freaking Peja.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-bryantformvp040908&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

'nuff said.

Aaaaaaand that BEING said, I'd like to point out that Deron Williams joins Magic Johnson and Kevin Johnson as the only people to have over 1500 points, 800 assists, and over 50% from the field.

Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Quote by Bart-kun
CP3 for MVP. The guy's an amazing player

He's not the most valuable. I'll say again. They have Peja and David West.

I'm just happy for Kobe, as much as I hate him, that he has Gasol.

I'd be all for Chris, but Kobe has been denied too many times because of lame reasons.
Quote by Fishyesque

I'm just happy for Kobe, as much as I hate him, that he has Gasol.

I'd be all for Chris, but Kobe has been denied too many times because of lame reasons.

If Chris ain't making it happen then it ain't happening. The team has yet to prove they can win convincingly without CP3. That's why he's valuable...he's the one finding Peja for open looks and he's the one making the alley-oop play to Tyson Chandler.

Lakers have a decent all-around cast and a deep bench (Fisher's a good shooting PG, Odom's a rebounding beast, Gasol is Gasol and Bynum will flourish even more next season), while people say the Hornets lack depth. And yet we still manage to get the top spot in the West for a short period of time. That makes CP3 even more valuable.

However I'll admit CP3 gets killed by bigger, stronger PG's. xD
Quote by Bart-kun
If Chris ain't making it happen then it ain't happening. The team has yet to prove they can win convincingly without CP3. That's why he's valuable...he's the one finding Peja for open looks and he's the one making the alley-oop play to Tyson Chandler.

Lakers have a decent all-around cast and a deep bench (Fisher's a good shooting PG, Odom's a rebounding beast, Gasol is Gasol and Bynum will flourish even more next season), while people say the Hornets lack depth. And yet we still manage to get the top spot in the West for a short period of time. That makes CP3 even more valuable.

Chris can't handle Deron.

Fisher WAS good at shooting. He's mediocre at best now. Bynum is out, and the Lakers are still winning. It goes to show that Chris is valuable, he has shot 33% the past 3 games, and the Hornets have lost 3 of 4. It'll be interesting to see how Chris does in his first playoff appearance.
Quote by Bart-kun

see that's the thing. the MVP isn't just literally about how important the guy is to the time, as in who sucks the most without their main man. if you're gonna go that way, then Lebron takes the cake. without him, the cavs are a lottery team. same goes with the magic and dwight howard.

the MVP is about who is the most valuable player as an indivudual player and as a team player, on and off the court. stats take weight, but so do many intangibles like leadership, dedication, and being able to elevate the ball club and make the teammates better. i think kobe has done that. he has played amazing basketball this season, on defense and on offense. he has made his teammates better. on the court he coaches them, directs them, and watches for them to be open and gives them opportunities to step up their game. off the court he mentor's them, teaches them and energizes them. He is the MVP.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Quote by Fishyesque

Gasol? Bynum? Odom? Thats a better supporting cast than West and Stojakovic.

So Paul for MVP!!!
Quote by LinkManDX
That's it, everybody go home, thread won by [sam].
I gotta say Kobe.

I like Chris Paul, though. He is an outstanding player, and has put up even better stats than Steve Nash when he won the MVP twice in a row.

Kobe has just had a fabulous season. Even before they got Gasol, the Lakers were having a great season, and a lot of that has to do with Kobe. Plus, with Gasol and Bynum out for part of the season, Kobe was able to carry his team and put them in a position to take 1st place.

I definitely wouldn't be disappointed if either of them won it, but if I had to pick one, it would be Kobe.

EDIT:

Oh, and just to let people know... Gasol and Bynum have never played at the same time. Bynum was injured for the season before Gasol got there. So if we are going to talk about supporting casts, it would be Bynum and Odom/Gasol and Odom vs. West and Peja.
Last edited by AngusIsMyHero at Apr 15, 2008,