Hey guys, just wondering on your opinions for what my next amp purchase should be..

Ive got an ESP AX400 with a set of 81 active pickups run through a Marshall MG.

The Marshall's my problem..im looking for an amp that has an almost warm clean tone but can also have a really high toned distortion channel, with the MG it's really hard to hear over other amp distortions.
I play metal from slayer/arch enemy/metallica to really dark black metal like immortal/marduk/dimmu..

Any suggestions..?

just for the EMGs, id say a tube amp. dunno what kind tho
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Check out ENGL, Marshall JCM800/900, Mesa Boogie etc.

EDIT: Oh, I didn't notice it was australian dollars
EDIT: A Crate V33 with overdrive would be good, if you want a good modelling amp check out the Line 6 Flextone
Last edited by Horlicks at Apr 15, 2008,
Thanks, ill check em out..do you think the Line6 Flextone though offers a pretty heavy metal sound ?
hey man go for some of the engls for sale on ebay save a bit more its worth it trust me ebay is your friend
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

I saw in the new Guitar World mag the Line6 Spider Valve 212 im yet to try it out but dose anyone have any suggestions about my guitar fitting with that amp?
Last edited by gussy at Apr 15, 2008,
haha.. yeh ive played a couple of ENGL combo's, any ideas on what model for a heavily distorted tone..?
well theres some screamers on ebay now they are heavy
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

what sort of high gain tone are you looking for

for the gain tone i was wanting something thats really aggressive and "in your face"..i love the heavy palmuting aswell..
Try bugera, allans music sell one of the models for $1100. I havnt tried them personally but I've heard good things and you wont do much better in Australia for that price.
ok in your face helps but could you like compare it to any ones elses tone do you want it fats and thick or chainsaw-ish

not chainsaw-ish..
something like behemoth..the ENGL's looking good..just gotta try one out withmy guitar.
yeah i rekon go with the engl they are great amps