I have a Jackson RR3, it has a low profile double locking tremelo, do I have to do anything other than tune up to play in Eb??
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
Quote by Martindecorum
Tune Up??????????

I knew some stupid kid would go to the trouble of making a fool of himself by saying tune up ,and that is precisely why I stated the obvious and mentioned the following phrase in my God damn post: "OTHER THAN TUNE UP"

Lol, people now a days. Yo might have to ajust the intonation a bit so it'll be in perfect tuning around the 12th fret
you say you have a tremolo too, so your porbably going to have to tighten the springs in the back a little bit, not much though probably as its only one semitone
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
Quote by WiNteRls
Lol, people now a days. Yo might have to ajust the intonation a bit so it'll be in perfect tuning around the 12th fret

I don't really get you, I was just worried about the tension in the neck and all. I don't have to change anything in the back right?

Quote by breakstuff
I don't really get you, I was just worried about the tension in the neck and all. I don't have to change anything in the back right?

Yes you do. The tremolo is now parallel to the body and if you tune down it will be pointing down. You don't want that so what you do is you TIGHTEN the screws undernesth the tremolo. So here's what you do:

Tune down
Tighten
tune
tighten
tune
tighten
tune
tighten
tune.

Do that around 6 times and you have a match. It takes a good hour and you will get so mad at your guitar you wish you bought a Les Paul, but when you are done you can play Hendrix - so it's all good.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
I dont think theres going to be much difference, but if you tune down to Eb then the intonation may need a slight change, but if you don't know about it, your better off not touching it.
It'll be a very small difference anyway if its only a half-step