This is my first time Ever Buying a Guitar. The bands I like are Muse, Dead Keneddys, Coheed and Cambria, Iron Maiden, NoFXs, R.E.M. I need a Guitar, Really small amp, head phones, Cables, Stand, and a Tuner. My Price range is around 350-370 right now. Any good ideas?
Epiphone G-400? or an Ibanez of some sort?
Quote by imgooley
Epiphone G-400? or an Ibanez of some sort?

I found one on Musicians Friend for $304 is that a good price? Also would that leave money for the Small amp, Head phones, Stand, Cables, and Tuner? I was thinking about getting a pack off musicians friend or going to a pawn shop called facets.
Quote by WiNteRls
Epi G-400 ^^ Very good guitar for the money

+1
If you're going to be using headphones more commonly than not I suggest you get a multi-fx pedal like a Korg AX15000 or Boss ME-50 with a headphone input. You'll get a much better sound than with most starter amps, more sounds to mess about with to give you an idea for your purchases when you start buying more expensive products.

Something like an Epiphone G-400 into a Boss ME-50 seems like a good idea to me.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Quote by roythereaper
If you're going to be using headphones more commonly than not I suggest you get a multi-fx pedal like a Korg AX15000 or Boss ME-50 with a headphone input. You'll get a much better sound than with most starter amps, more sounds to mess about with to give you an idea for your purchases when you start buying more expensive products.

Something like an Epiphone G-400 into a Boss ME-50 seems like a good idea to me.

Thats almost $600. I am trying to find the G-400 in a starter pack but its hard to.
Basically, your first guitar is going to suck. It doesnt really matter what your first one is, because you dont even know if you are going to continue playing. Why buy a 700 dollar rig and 3 months later you quit?

These should be just fine, IMHO.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-IJX121Metal-Guitar-Jumpstart-Package?sku=518877

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Start-Playing-HSS-Strat-Pack-with-GDEC-Jr.?sku=512577

Pretty much any starter pack will work, they all will suck.
Quote by Wylde_Man
Basically, your first guitar is going to suck. It doesnt really matter what your first one is, because you dont even know if you are going to continue playing. Why buy a 700 dollar rig and 3 months later you quit?

These should be just fine, IMHO.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-IJX121Metal-Guitar-Jumpstart-Package?sku=518877

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Start-Playing-HSS-Strat-Pack-with-GDEC-Jr.?sku=512577

Pretty much any starter pack will work, they all will suck.

Thats true I will think about the Squire pack
Quote by Knowing
I found one on Musicians Friend for $304 is that a good price? Also would that leave money for the Small amp, Head phones, Stand, Cables, and Tuner? I was thinking about getting a pack off musicians friend or going to a pawn shop called facets.

im pretty sure that the one that you found that was 304 was a scratched or bumped guitar, cause ive seen it before, the G400 costs about 350 on musician's friend.
Quote by this&that
im pretty sure that the one that you found that was 304 was a scratched or bumped guitar, cause ive seen it before, the G400 costs about 350 on musician's friend.

Probably going for the Squire Pack its 350 and has some great reviews.
Its only about 30 bucks more, and you'd be getting a quality guitar instead of one you'll be sick of. I wouldn't base your guitar decision on the stand or case, since you don't really need either (and if you do need a case because of travel they aren't all that expensive). Might take a little bit to save up the extra $30+ but trust me, its worth it in the long (and short) run.
On the eight day we spoke back...

let there be sound.