Hey, this is the same thread as 2 weeks ago, just edited, don't mind the posts beforehand. I have been playing for five months still, and been concentrating on perfecting this for 2 weeks now since my last attempt. I made 1 mistake in the whole thing, and thats the timing at one point in the second solo. I'm pretty sure all the bends were spot on, b ut thats up to your guys as you are more experienced.

Here it is: http://video.google.com.au/videoplay?docid=-8981052736520521417

Thanks.
Last edited by /\AC/\DC/\ at Apr 25, 2008,
also you bend the strings too far quite a lot which makes the note the wrong note. take it a bit easier with that you can bend up and down (quite slowly) for a much better effect, rather than just bending the strings so far that you're no longer playing the original note
Hi I'm
Mr. JimBo R. Insane
During the Intro, many of the notes ring together, which you should try to avoid in this song. Apart from that, it's pretty good considering the limited amount of time you've been playing.
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
I reckon its an awesome job for five months, but like mrjimborinsane said, ease off on the bends a bit..

mrjimborinsane youre the singer for 'the escape' right? you guys ****ing rule!
i lift my finger up off every note in the intro, so it shouldn't be a problem, but the first riff always rings with the bottom strings for some reason, should i try muting it?

And also, what parts in the song do i bend too high?
i agree with the rest of the people here.

like said above, during the intro (i noticed it most towards the end little riff of the intro) your notes sort of blend together which you should try to avoid. as for the bending, i noticed it most at the part around 3:00.

but if you really have only been playing for five months, you have a ton of potential.
If you want to be picky you can listen to these guys and perfect it. I don't care what anybody says, that was real good. Remember it's about fun, don't be afraid to make your bends sound like you and not Slash. Keep it up. Are you working on any other G&R songs?

Good Job.
Not bad at all for 5 months man. I wouldn't expect anyone who's been playing for 5 months to be able to bend a note perfectly. That kind of thing comes with practice, and you've got a lot of time for that still. Bravo.
wow, for 5 months thats great, and you got a pretty nice sounding rig there for 5 months in. Looks like an Epi LP Standard or something.
5 months?!?!?!

god, I've been playin for 3 years and I've got nothing on that. great job man. and most of the bends seemed pretty okay to me so I'm not sure what everyone else was talking about. but this truly was beautiful. great tone.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
5 months!?!?! Daaaaaaaang! I wasn't playing like that after I had been playing guitar for 5 months. As for the song, good cover. I don't think I heard more than 1 or 2 mistakes the whole time. But please, get yourself a real backup band, or at least a jam CD. It doesn't sound quite right with a keyboard backing you up.
Quote by timi_hendrix
That looks like a digestive biscuit that's been thrown up by a cat.
Quote by ninja23
If you want to be picky you can listen to these guys and perfect it. I don't care what anybody says, that was real good. Remember it's about fun, don't be afraid to make your bends sound like you and not Slash. Keep it up. Are you working on any other G&R songs?

Good Job.

ahh, yeah, i've done a cover of the knocking on heavens door solos, here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-G6N2NxQ44

and this is my final and improved version on SCOM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX4hFGSIycQ