Wait a sec.... the mixer is fine, but as an interface, it is only USB by the looks of things. That means that you will only be able to send two tracks at a time to your computer. In other words, you'll have to get your drum mix perfect at the mixer (hahahahaha.... right.....) before sending it to the computer, because if you don't, you will only be able to fix it by re-recording.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by Martindecorum
but try find a 8 track

huh?

CT

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Gotcha. Right. Actually, that one, being USB, only really has two inputs to the computer, but four mic pres.

I agree, though about the 8 tracks. (I thought you meant 8-track, like the old analog reel-to-reels... or like an older MTR) To do drums, look for something with 8 preamps and 8 inputs to the computer. MINIMUM four. The flexibility you get with 8 is worth it, though.

CT

I agree, though about the 8 tracks. (I thought you meant 8-track, like the old analog reel-to-reels... or like an older MTR) To do drums, look for something with 8 preamps and 8 inputs to the computer. MINIMUM four. The flexibility you get with 8 is worth it, though.

CT

O ok i understand aswell,

and im glad u understood
i though i said something devilishly bad lol
That will work...just make sure to get a headphone amplifier to split up the signal if you have multiple singers so they can hear what you've played.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Out of the three, the Alesis is your best bet if you are going to buy one thing. It will give you four mic inputs to record your drums and you'll be able to send them all to their own channel directly to the computer.

The Yamaha is a better mixer, probably. It gives you more inputs, but the only connectivity to the computer is via USB, so you'll only be able to send two independent tracks to your computer. Not good for drums. Not impossible, but a potential nightmare most of the time.

The Behringer offers no connectivity to your computer. It gives you 8 pres, but you'll need some way of getting the audio to your computer. I find it a bit funny that a relatively new product like that still offers ADAT connectivity, because ADAT is a pretty antiquated technology by today's standards. Most newer products don't bother with it.

CT