I posted a while ago about whether to go for the AD30VT or the AD50VT and would like some more opinions. I generally see conflicting opinions and because of this, couldn't choose.

To clarify, I will be using it for bedroom practice, using it with an acoustic and electric guitar, and probably not playing with a band, but it is possible. Is it worth it, for the extra wattage, namely for the Celestion speaker? What other advantages does it have? I read it had another output? Any opinions are welcome, but owners would be better. Cheers
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.
If you`re only going to use it for practicing in your bedroom then 30 watt is more then enough. But if the 50 Watt is like just 20 dollars/euro`s/pound then you are sure you can also do a gig with it. 30 watt is also enough to gig but not for some bigger. For practising only is also 15 Watt enough. But maybe with a band you should do at least 30 Watt.
I have an AD30, I'm completely satisfied with the tone, but after having it for a half a year, I think I should have gotten the AD50. It's perfect for home practice, it's not too big and heavy so you can move it around, and it's loud enough to play with a drummer and a bass player. But, when I started playing with another band that also has keyboards and a rhythm guitar, I noticed that I often get drowned in the mix (not because of the EQ). So, I'm pretty sure you will not miss if you buy the AD50.
Sorry to threadjack, but I think this might be a relevant topic.

Quick question: is the AD50VT larger than the AD30VT?
Mmmm, coffee

Quote by the_poison125
Fear your ass...

Quote by hazzmatazz
Quote by Våd Hamster
Sharing is caring. *holds out hands*
*inserts penis?*
Yes, and it's considerably heavier, AD30 is about 13kg and the AD50 is around 20kg, AD50 is about 5 cm higher and wider than AD30. That's one of the reasons I chose AD30 over AD50, but if you go to rehearsals with a car, that won't be a problem. If you go on foot, even AD30 can get heavy after some time.
Last edited by ivan987 at Apr 15, 2008,
Is it hard to lug around? Can I carry it around and will it fit in the trunk or backseat of a car?
Mmmm, coffee

Quote by the_poison125
Fear your ass...

Quote by hazzmatazz
Quote by Våd Hamster
Sharing is caring. *holds out hands*
*inserts penis?*
Well if you ask for AD30, it is not too big, I never had problems with transporting it, it fits everywhere, I'm not so sure about the AD50, it's not as big as it's heavy, it would still fit into the trunk but I wouldn't carry it around while on foot a lot.
Thanks you really know your stuff! In terms of what I saw Parabellum, the AD50VT is quite larger, but it could still easily fit in a backseat of a car.

The difference in Australia price wise is almost 200 dollars. urgh.
30vt - 439
50vt- 599.

I'm not sure how far I can get them down, but it IS extortion. I assume I could get the 30vt for 400, and the 50vt for 500. Hopefully with a footswitch etc...
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.
The footswitch doesn't come with the amp. You'll have to buy it separately for about 30 dollars. At least that's how much it is here in the US.
Yeah, but I should be able to get it thrown in because they are reaming us price-wise. It's ridiculous. They usually go much lower, but just set their prices high.
Quote by sashki