I'm very satisfied with mine. It's my last stop before analog pedals.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by MaXiMuse
I thought the Pod XT was the best selling effect processor, highest rated and blabla, don`t know if the if the pod xt live is also that good.

i dont see how it would be different...
its just like the Floor Pod, its the same thing just made into a way where you can access it easier.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
the XT and XTlive are no different, same sounds...could just be a few more or differen ins and outs but other than that they should have the same sounds.

the floor model is for live use and the table top unit is more for a studio...........although I have yet to see a pro studio use a POD haha
I have one. It does what it says on the tin. It's never going to replace a real marshall plexi etc but it's fine once in a mix. Some of the effects are pretty good. I've never had the patience to get really good tones out of the thing but I'm sure they're in there. CustomTone.com is a bit of a let down - the patches rarely sound anything like what they are meant to, even the Line6 staff created ones.

For DI recording you can't really beat a POD. If you're intending to use it as an FX processor with a decent amp I'd look elsewhere - there's a lot of tone suck. You could also use it direct into a PA live I suppose. Any reason why you're looking at the XT and not the newer X3?
American Deluxe maple board Strat
Hot Rod Deluxe
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
I used to run one through my effects loop and use the Mod/Delay/Verbs only, for that it was great. But you don't stick a XTL in front of a tube amp.

They're basically preamps so they perform best plugged in to a transparent power amp or even directly into the desk. It's a modeling unit first, multi effects second.
Fender 60W Super-Sonic Head
Fender 2x12 Cabinet (Vintage 30s)
TC Electronics G Major
Boss Blues Driver BD-2 w/ Keeley mod
MXR 6 Band EQ
BB Preamp
TS-9
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

American Fender Stratocaster
Quote by pEdAl2
I have one. It does what it says on the tin. It's never going to replace a real marshall plexi etc but it's fine once in a mix. Some of the effects are pretty good. I've never had the patience to get really good tones out of the thing but I'm sure they're in there. CustomTone.com is a bit of a let down - the patches rarely sound anything like what they are meant to, even the Line6 staff created ones.

For DI recording you can't really beat a POD. If you're intending to use it as an FX processor with a decent amp I'd look elsewhere - there's a lot of tone suck. You could also use it direct into a PA live I suppose. Any reason why you're looking at the XT and not the newer X3?

Price mostly, i just want to find somthing that can give me some good effects and some nice tones im preety noob at all the gear and stuff tho
x3 still got some bug.

Im gonna buy a xtlive this week too. Kick ass for recording
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Quote by StriferDiem
But you don't stick a XTL in front of a tube amp.

You can stick it in front of a Valve Jr. i've got a couple of SS amps and a PA I've used my XTL with, but i like the tones and amp modeling through the VJ the best. I wanted good low volume practice tones and it delivers.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD