Hey, never bought a guitar before (parents got my first one for Christmas) and I'm looking to get an epi lp standard , Blackheart BH5-112 , and Bad Monkey OD pedal .

I made a spreadsheet (nerdy, I know but f*ck it) and with cables, tuner, strings, strap locks, strap it came to around $1150 (from prices off guitar center.com with tax).
I'm looking to spend around $850. Do you think it would be possible to get this set-up for that price?

If they throw in the strap, cables, tuner, it is just a hair over $1000. I really can't spend over $900 but I'd like to stay in the area of $850 or less, but also need to get it set-up and hopefully a free case too.

I'm planning on buying it from guitar center, as its the only guitar store near me.

Is this an unrealistic expectation or can I get the gear at that price?

(This is my second thread but nobody gave me a straight answer on the first one, They told me to buy on Craig's list and that GC had fixed pricing, which I heard is a lie. So don't get on my case about double posting).
Best way to find out would be to go down to GC and find out yourself. Nobody will be able to give you a straight answer unless they work at the store you're buying from.

If you don't want to go to the store, you can just ring them, they should be very helpful if you're serious about buying.
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
Quote by Inspired_by_Vai

If you don't want to go to the store, you can just ring them, they should be very helpful if you're serious about buying.

haha you deserve an award for funniest post of the day. You actually used the word 'helpful' to describe a bunch of non musical dip****s who will sell anything to up their commission.
Quote by Lrn2shrd69
haha you deserve an award for funniest post of the day. You actually used the word 'helpful' to describe a bunch of non musical dip****s who will sell anything to up their commission.

Well that would be the stereotype of them yes

You don't have to be musical to negotiate pricing with a customer
I'd love to haul my ass down there, but it's finals week and all and I'm a little busy at the present time, which is why I was hoping someone in the ****ing UG community bought something at GC recently and could tell me if they got a decent discount. I also don't think calling them and saying "Hey, do you guys offer discounts or do I have to pay full-price?" is going to work, because who the hell would say they offer discounts over the phone? I'll scratch the back of the guitar if I have to. And I posted the first one in the pit and just figured, judging from the responses, that everyone in the pit is retarded, and was hoping for a real goddamn anwer
Quote by pak1351
I'd love to haul my ass down there, but it's finals week and all and I'm a little busy at the present time, which is why I was hoping someone in the ****ing UG community bought something at GC recently and could tell me if they got a decent discount. I also don't think calling them and saying "Hey, do you guys offer discounts or do I have to pay full-price?" is going to work, because who the hell would say they offer discounts over the phone? I'll scratch the back of the guitar if I have to. And I posted the first one in the pit and just figured, judging from the responses, that everyone in the pit is retarded, and was hoping for a real goddamn anwer

How about you stop being a whiney little child and ring them?

Its this simple:

Hey, I was wondering if you have *item* in stock?
Ok, thats great, whats the best price you can do me on that?
*they offer price*

You then haggle. If you've seen it cheaper new on the internet or elsewhere, ask them to pricematch.

They DO offer discounts over the phone, becuase you can place orders over the phone, or ask them to hold the items back for you.

It really isn't a difficult proceedure
I can't get there for at least 2 weeks, and was hoping to roll in with 900 dollars, find a good epi, and roll out with everything else. I'm not calling 2 weeks before I'm going to pick it up.

If they offer discounts over the phone, that means that they offer discounts in the store, which is what the question was, so why not just say yes, they offer discounts instead of being a douche?
Quote by pak1351
I can't get there for at least 2 weeks, and was hoping to roll in with 900 dollars, find a good epi, and roll out with everything else. I'm not calling 2 weeks before I'm going to pick it up.

If they offer discounts over the phone, that means that they offer discounts in the store, which is what the question was, so why not just say yes, they offer discounts instead of being a douche?

You sir, are outstanding.

If you're moaning at us for advising you two weeks prior to a potential purchase, don't post a thread untill you want answers.

By suggesting ringing them, that does generally imply that they will offer discounts over the phone. Instead of accepting that, you shoot the reply down with 'Who the hell would offer discounts over the phone?', so in turn, you are the douche.

You can ring whenever you want to, nobody's forcing you to call now.

Also, looking at the thread you posted in the pit, the people there were generally quite helpful to you, so I really don't see what your problem is. As I said earlier, the only way you're going to get a straight answer is to contact GC and find out from them.

/truth
I was under the impression that there were no GC's in the UK, and the whole point of this thread was hopefully to find someone who purchased anything from GC since January, and see if they still do discounts. The people in the Pit were retarded, who buys a guitar without playing it first? I'm planning on calling GC, I was hoping to avoid having to do so by just having someone say either yeah, there's still discounts. or no, that's over with. So get off the high-horse and answer the yes or no question or stop posting about it
Quote by pak1351
I was under the impression that there were no GC's in the UK, and the whole point of this thread was hopefully to find someone who purchased anything from GC since January, and see if they still do discounts. The people in the Pit were retarded, who buys a guitar without playing it first? I'm planning on calling GC, I was hoping to avoid having to do so by just having someone say either yeah, there's still discounts. or no, that's over with. So get off the high-horse and answer the yes or no question or stop posting about it

Nearly everyone who has posted so far has told you they still offer discount. There arn't any GCs in the UK, but pretty much every music store operates under the same principal. We have our large chain stores too, such as SoundControl, for example.

If you havn't understood the answers given to you by MULTIPLE users, allow me to spell it out for you, in bold.

Guitar Centre will offer discount. You will just need to ask. Retail price is mainly just used as a guidline, and you'd be a fool to pay it.

There.
you want a straight foreward answere. ok then yes they offer discounts. yes you could get it at that price.

ok anyone could say that, but is it true?? who knows, we arent GC we cant know for sure if you can get all that gear for that price...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Wow...aren't a bunch of people in this thread just pissy today

If you're good, it's more than doable. I'm in with the managers at two of my local GCs, and I basically get everything at cost. It's a pretty good deal. Let's just say I ordered a Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 string...usually a $1000 guitar, for $700. That's a $300 cut...brand new from the factory too

So, it is pososible...it's not necassarily easy though. The guy isn't just going to come out and give you his commission. The managers I deal with are very cool, and always work with my straight up...gives me the lowest he can possibly go, and it's always an outstanding deal! Other guys beat around the bush, try to tell me that the tagged price is already a sale, so they can't go any lower...

It's not an easy environment to deal with...but if you find a good salesperson, you can get getting great deals all the time!