I was wondering how do you "fade in" a good example the Metallica song blackened.
You could have a friend slowly increase your volume from zero...

I think fade-in's are studio-made.
People don't fade-in live, they just blast into it.
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

Quote by Chris.Rock.Art
I like you and you are special

Quote by perry589
I don't wank. I auto fellatio.

Generally use the volume knob on your guitar, or if you have an effects pedal like a Zoom pedal or something with a volume pedal on it, use that.
sig goes here
fade ins and outs are done in the studio, live bands rarely fade in or out. specially fading out chiefly because they need to finish the song and not let the fade do it. but a volume pedal will do it, or for the cheaper option just use ur guitars volume nob and slowly decrease the volume
Quote by Skater901
Generally use the volume knob on your guitar, or if you have an effects pedal like a Zoom pedal or something with a volume pedal on it, use that.

You know you can get stand-alone volume pedals right?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Volume pedal or hire a monkey servant to man your amp as a sound-monkey and pay him only 5 peanuts an hour so he will become fustrated and quite to work in the zoo.
Volume knob on your guitar is the easiest. Also, for an even better fade out effect, play the notes more slowly as you fade out. This works well for most songs, but sucks for a few.

But as BringerOfMetal said, if you're playing a gig, don't worry about fading in or out. It will sound bad. I've found that starting off loudly and suddenly is better than any *live* fade-in. Instead of fading out, quickly mute all of the strings after the final note, and try to make it sound sharp.
Quote by BringerOfMetal
You could have a friend slowly increase your volume from zero...

I think fade-in's are studio-made.
People don't fade-in live, they just blast into it.

they do, i do it...

it's all in the volume know, in fact, most tone changes, are made using the volume know on your guitar