Hi, i want to take my Bugera 333xl from being a 120 watt to a 60 watt, coz i wont need the extra headroom and only need 60 watts for what im doing atm, so how do i go about removing 2 of the 4 valves? Anyone know anything about this?

James
Just take out the inner two or outer two tubes. That's it.
Quote by Vermintide
In Soviet Russia, bar searches YOU!!!

Keep in mind that it also alters the impedance of your amp. I believe it doubles it.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
If you pull two tubes, then if your amp has a 4/8/16 selector switch and the standard load is 8ohm, you set the switch to 4 ohm. If 16, set to 8.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Oh yeah, forgot that bit. My bad.
Quote by Vermintide
In Soviet Russia, bar searches YOU!!!

At least on my 6262 the standard load is 16 ohms, so if it's the same with the 333XL you shouldn't pull the tubes IMO.

Edit: Oh, I think you have a half-stack? Well, if the cab has switchable ohms/is 8 ohms, no problems then.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Last edited by Fama at Apr 15, 2008,
Can't he get himself killed because of the charged capacitors? I'm not sure, just bringing this up to prevent UG from getting sued.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Green_Jelly
Can't he get himself killed because of the charged capacitors? I'm not sure, just bringing this up to prevent UG from getting sued.

I think you can only do that if you open the chassis. I believe tubes are usually changeable without doing that? Not sure about that particular model tho.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by gsr2k6
can you do this on a b52 at-100? it has 4/8/16 ohm switch

You should be able to do it on just about any tube amp with 4 output tubes. Just be sure to remove either the 2 inner or 2 outer tubes (as previously stated), & make sure your speaker load is double what the amp head is set for (as slats & MrCarrot stated). I run my SLO like that all the time, & it works great (& I now have a "spare" set of tubes).
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011