So, at uni I'm doing creative writing and I have to memorise a fairly easy story to remember which can not already be a well known one. I am allowed to use a story board to help me remember but I can't think of any good ideas. So, does anyone have any helpful suggestions? Thank you.
Quote by Eddie's'Waitor
Sadly In the Van on the Comeback is too long...

Que??

It has to be told in around 3-5 minutes.
The technique Tim Roth uses on Reservoir Dogs seems helpful for that kind of thing.

Just think of it like you're telling the story, as if it was from your persepctive. Kind of like when you tell a joke from a first-person perspective. Practice saying it to other people, really get into it. Before long, you'll have memorised all of it.

It doesn't have to be a verbatim recital, does it?
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
It has to be a made up story first of all, and yeah, it can be of any kind too. I have to read the story with actions and stuff, not just read it from a page.
Quote by Eddie's'Waitor
Sadly In the Van on the Comeback is too long...

greatness, it was

edit: I love how kids in uni can't spell either university or memorize..
Quote by Oligarchy
SGRocker0791 and Raijin.xiii are ass holes in case anyone was wondering.

Quote by jimmyjimjim
try not to be such a dick

Quote by jdotp
thanks to the ignorant prick
Quote by Raijin.xiii
greatness, it was

edit: I love how kids in uni can't spell either university or memorize..

Memorise is spelt with an 's' in England and he didn't spell univeristy wrong, he just abbreviated it.

I think I'm gunna do one about a kid at christmas who only gets money instead of loads of presents which he gets annoyed about, he then sees an orphan in the street and realises that the orphan needs the money more than him.
Quote by irnbrurules
I think I'm gunna do one about a kid at christmas who only gets money instead of loads of presents which he gets annoyed about, he then sees an orphan in the street and realises that the orphan needs the money more than him.

Right, so does he give the orphan the money, or does he just come to that realisation and then get on with his day?

Besides, how can you know somebody is an orphan just by looking at them?

You could also probably pick a story that is a little less...

Erm...

Gay?

Quote by Smokey Amp
Right, so does he give the orphan the money, or does he just come to that realisation and then get on with his day?

Besides, how can you know somebody is an orphan just by looking at them?

You could also probably pick a story that is a little less...

Erm...

Gay?

OK, obviously I'll explain how the guy is an orphan. I don't really care if it's gay or not, I just want to got it over with. I don't care if it's good or not. I'm leaving in two weeks coz it's ****e.
Wait, I'm confused. Do you have to write the story yourself or should it be someone else's?
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I have to do it myself. Don't worry now though, I've already got a story ready. Tanks anyway.
I have never heard of anyone else having to do this for a creative writing course. Just make one up on the spot about what you had for breakfast.