Hi,
I'm about to buy a new bass and want to stay loyal to Ibanez. I now own a GRS190 (jump start package) and an AEB8E accoustic bass. The accoustic bass is a keeper, the GSR is the one I want to replace. I have a couple of models that are interesting : SRX590, SRX750 and the EDB550.
I mainly play pop/rock, on an Ashdown Five Fifteen amp. My budget is around 450 euro - 600 dollar.

Which model would sound best playing rock? Any suggestions?
Out of the three you listed I would go with the SRX590, I didn't even see the SRX750 on the Ibanez site. I myself play a SR490 and love the Ibanez basses, esspecially the SR series. Awesome tones, thin necks(big bonus). Just goto your local shop and try some out, the Ibanez SRX590 shouldn't let you down.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
Well, the good news is that, whichever one you decide on will be a good choice.

I have an Ergodyne. I really like it, it gets a really versatile sound. Also, it's good for pop/slap if you want to do that. Really, it's a different version of the Soundgear... with a couple changes. And I personally think it looks a bit sexier than the SDGR...

You should be able to get your hands on both an SRX and an EDB. Try'em both out. They're both simply good.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
SRXs are really nice basses
but try ATKs they are the best ibanez IMO
EDB i have never tried one
and BTBs i hate them
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Litus, what is wrong with the BTB's? From what I've seen on the Ibanez site they look pretty good, would love to try one out.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
Quote by CNC-Digity
Litus, what is wrong with the BTB's? From what I've seen on the Ibanez site they look pretty good, would love to try one out.

I absolutely despise the shape of BTBs, and I am not a big fan of soapbar pickups.

As for a general use bass, I reccomend the SRX, the ATK has more of a specified purpose, although I do not know what it is.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Quote by kranoscorp
the ATK has more of a specified purpose, although I do not know what it is.

My ATK serves the purpose of making me look and sound even sexier than usual.
Kranoscorp, the BTB's have Bartolini's. I thought those were suppose to be really good pickups.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
Barts are really good, but only if you like the sound. They're a very "pretty" sounding pickup that just gets buried in some settings. Like if Eartha Kitt was the lead singer of Goat*****.

But anyway, the BTB's are the only Ibanez other than the Fend.. erm, ATK that I'd consider owning as they are the only basses whose body shapes seem original.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Yeah, I really like the BTB bodies. Would love to find a place that carries them so I could try it out.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
Quote by CNC-Digity
Kranoscorp, the BTB's have Bartolini's. I thought those were suppose to be really good pickups.

I don't like soapbar pickups at all. The fact that they are bartolinis makes them high quality, but they are STILL soapbars.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
The SRX590 is a great bass and really suits the rock genre, it's relatively versatile but it's more oriented for the rock/metal side of music.
Quote by smb
My ATK serves the purpose of making me look and sound even sexier than usual.

Nahhh, thats just cuz youre a pirate!