Is it possible to take a floyd rose trem off of a guitar and just have a regular bridge and how difficult would that be to do?
yes possibly. It just depends what kind of route has been done to the body

Like if it's routed to the FR's shape then your ****ed.

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Well the guitar i was looking at has a floating bridge and i didnt really want one but that guitar was great
Quote by jdmarsh2005
Well the guitar i was looking at has a floating bridge and i didnt really want one but that guitar was great

What guitar is it?

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

http://www.lagguitars.co.uk/electric.aspx?model=0eb2ef30-cedc-491e-aae0-58c179f279ae

I don't think they are very well known but they are in a shop nearby and i really liked the arkane guitars but they all come with a floating bridge, I dont mind having one but I already have an RG2570E with an Edge pro II bridge i believe and I just wondered if this guitar could be changed to a fixed bridge as I don't want the hastle of the string changes as i wouldnt use the bridge on it too much.
If it has the gaping route under the wammy so it will float. Be really hard to just screw a fixed bridge down. There is a fixed floyd style bridge dont know if it fits over the route or not. Other than that you would need to make a block to fill the route then put a fixed bridge ro block the floyd so it wont move.
You could block it, but it's far easier to buy a guitar that doesn't have one in the first place.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
You could block it, but it's far easier to buy a guitar that doesn't have one in the first place.

+1. To replace it by filling the wood would probably ruin the guitar. If you buy a guitar with a Kahler you could swap it for a Kahler hardtail, but otherwise you're stuck.
I'm in the process of converting a FR equipped guitar into a hardtail. The only real serious issue is the ability to adjust the action. Basically I took a piece of wood that didn't quite come to the top of the trem cavity (on the front of the guitar), painted it black, and then busted out some really strong wood glue and screws to firmly secure it. If you take an FR bridge apart, you'll find that the trem block attaches to the bridge with some screws and you can use those screw holes to mount the bridge dead flat against the newly attached piece of wood, using the original bridge posts as a reference.

The guitar now sustains significantly better than it ever did before and has absolutely zero tuning stability issues as it's now a double locking fixed bridge. The only thing that sucks is it now requires neck shims to make any type of action adjustments (speaking of which I probably need to go make some adjustments right now).
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
It is possible. I had a Fernandes 15 years ago that I had taken a FR out of and put a Gibson Stop tail one piece bridge into. The holes where the floyd was had to be drilled a little wider and there was a hole through the whole guitar where the cavity was, but it looked actually cool like that. I miss that guitar. I sold it 7 years ago. I had quite a few people interested in it.
BTW...Fernandes is an under rated rock guitar, especially for the price.