Hi
Just got a Ibanez RGR420EX http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RGR420EX-Electric-Guitar?sku=518089&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=148404574
I really like it but the first string always hits the pickup with i use the tremolo bar, and makes like a vibrating sound (dont really know how to describe it). I was wondering shall i raise the action and how? Also the bridge pickup is slanted but the neck one isn't, I thought this may be the problem, but how would i straighten it out?

Thanks in advanced
Jack
There are two screws positioned in the middle, on each side of the pickups - these adjust the pickup height.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Pickups set too hight may sound muddy and can affect the sustain - pickups set too low will sound too quiet.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Okay, I have a guitar with the same bridge (Ibanez RG5EX1) and I had this same problem.
To fix this all you have to do is remove the strings (yea, I know its a huge pain, sorry)

You'll see that on the inside of the bridge (facing out, closest to the pickups) is a nut that can be removed with an Allen wrench.
These nuts can be placed in two locations, one is closer to the pickups, the other is about a centimeter farther away.
If you don't want the strings to slap against the body, put this nut in the hole closer to the pickup.

If that made no sense PM me and ill send you a diagram.
^ that will Fuck up you're intonation Captain Ass hat
Lower your pickup, and turn your amp up a little more
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !