Our school is doing a talent show, and I am like the only person who knows how to run our soundboard. Our auditorium is rather small, so other then mics we really don’t ever run anything through our board. The kid would rather not bring an amp, so can I just run a ¼” to the DI box, and not have an amp plugged in.

I’ve already tried this but, and I couldn’t get anything to come through our PA. I’m just trying to eliminate whether it how the DI box works or if it is problem with our system.
Keep in mind his guitar would sound like balls, running through full range speakers, as most guitar amps have a high pass filter.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
Quote by Welsh Guitar
Keep in mind his guitar would sound like balls, running through full range speakers, as most guitar amps have a high pass filter.

He doesn't want to drag his amp in, so it he sounds like crap it's not my problem. I just doing what I'm told.

So, I take it I will work then?
Last edited by Captain Insano at Apr 15, 2008,
Quote by xyoufailmex
tell him to **** off and quit being a baby and carry that amp out there.

+1
Technically it should work, just make sure that the 1/4" input on the DI box is for a high impedance signal.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Kendall
Technically it should work, just make sure that the 1/4" input on the DI box is for a high impedance signal.

Ok, Thanks.
should work, use a dist pedal to boost the signal though maybe, but it will sound real crap however you do it really