I cant decide which to buy. Typically i play metal and occasionally i bust out some jazz. The schecter has EMG actives which would be great for metal but the ibanez has a great tremolo and neck. Im not sure how big of a difference the active pickups will make but i keep hearing about the EMG actives so i figure those are what i should go with. whats your opinion?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Hellraiser-Electric-Guitar?sku=518451

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-S470DXQM-Electric-Guitar?sku=519933
I like EMGs....might be a surprise to some that I'm running them in my PRS guitars right now. But I really like the pups...nothing beats them for clarity.

As for the guitars, I've really fallen away from Ibanez, despite my username Schecter makes a great guitar if you can get along with their necks. Not to mention you can the the C-1 Hellraiser with a Floyd Rose
i would go with the ibanez. cuz i have this model and love it. if you love emgs, you could put that in the ibanez, but you cant put a good neck and a great tremolo on the schecter(without adjustments)...
From what i have read you cant put active EMGs on an s series because the body is to thin. Is that true?
nop, i have one(well not the emg itself, the guitarheads active pickup, but same size).
I've played then both and i've got to say, in my opinion, the Ibanez is a lot better.

For me it was more comfortable to to play.
Quote by RampagingAcorn
my ****ing god if i see another ****ing thread on this **** i will kill a baby
Ibanez s series it is. this is my first time on the forum and im blown away with how fast and helpful everyone was. Thanks for your help guys!
I own an S470DX and a Schecter C-1+. The Ibanez is a much more comfortable guitar, the trem is great. The Schecter is also nice but in my personal opinion not as comfortable of a neck. Schecter has better pickups but if you're switching them anyways... I'd go for the ibanez.

P.S. I would look into blackouts instead of EMGs
Gear:
ESP LTD MH-1000 w/ EMGs
Ibanez S470DX w/ Duncan JB & 59'
Schecter C-1+
Peavey 5150 Combo
ISP Decimator
Maxon OD-808
MXR 10 band eq

WTB:
-Delay Pedal, 2 Veteran 30 Speakers, Duncan Blackouts set, Reverb Pedal
schecter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Quote by syyz1
I'm on my period, wearing no sort of protection, naked on a white chair

Quote by *Juno*
I put my balls inside the sound hole and strummed myself to ectasy

Quote by °☻°
I like it hairy, that way i can play welcome to the jungle while i have sex!
Schecter neck is set in and has a nice neck joint.
Who's to say you can't use EMG's for jazz?

I <3 Ibanez and all but after playing the hellraiser I'm in love.
I don't even shred