Hey guys! I'm building a fuzz based on this circuit:
http://www.tonepad.com/getFile.asp?id=82

But i don't get what they mean by 'Ground polarity jumper' and the black line that goes along with it.

Anyways, I'm using AC128 transistors, so this should be interesting once its finished (within a few days)

Thanks in advance!
Hi.

Yeah, it's for confusing people i guess Theoretically those schematics are the same but I'd use a "negative ground" one, cause you plug +9V to "collector" pin of the transistor - and that's how it should be done imho. Just proceed with the schematic on the right, and don't give a sh*t about what's written above.
My Rig:

+Epiphone AJ100 acoustic
+Fender 60th. Anniversary Stratocaster
+Vox AD30VT
+Vox V847a Wah

look all i wanted was for someone to give me advice on what to do not to slag me off ok

Want advice? Suck yourself off.
Since you're using AC128's (NPN germaniums), you're going to have a much greater chance of having a properly using circuit using a positive ground. This is how the circuit was designed and intended to be implemented. However, people have reported success with using negative ground and NPN transistors. If you choose to go that route, be ready to troubleshoot and change your grounding scheme.

Good Luck!
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
^ isn't ac128 a PNP transistor, just like the circuit is designed for?
My Rig:

+Epiphone AJ100 acoustic
+Fender 60th. Anniversary Stratocaster
+Vox AD30VT
+Vox V847a Wah

look all i wanted was for someone to give me advice on what to do not to slag me off ok

Want advice? Suck yourself off.
Quote by SRVStrat808
Since you're using AC128's (NPN germaniums), you're going to have a much greater chance of having a properly using circuit using a positive ground. This is how the circuit was designed and intended to be implemented. However, people have reported success with using negative ground and NPN transistors. If you choose to go that route, be ready to troubleshoot and change your grounding scheme.

Good Luck!

AC128s like most old germ transistors are PNP.