I'm thinking of buying a Talkbox from eBay, the price for one already in England is £119 but the ones I can ship in from America are only £75.
I was wondering if any of you guys could help me work out what the Import tax would be and if it would be cheaper at the end of the day to buy from England instead,

Thanks in advance.
Foz.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by SaXXoN
Here's a better idea:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9EIQxwotn3k

Seriously though, I thought it was 17.5% - not sure.

I'm subscribed to that guy anyway XD

I tried it not so long ago but couldn't get it to work.

17.5 is just VAT I think, i'm talking about Import Tax, bringing it into the country.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
You could ask the seller to mark the item as a gift to completely avoid import tax. Or the seller could mark the item as being worth less than £18.50, also allowing you to avoid import tax.

Import tax isn't too much, and i think it is worked out by weight of the item.
Quote by alexlemon2
You could ask the seller to mark the item as a gift to completely avoid import tax. Or the seller could mark the item as being worth less than £18.50, also allowing you to avoid import tax.

Import tax isn't too much, and i think it is worked out by weight of the item.

If 'customs' see that won't they seize it and treat it like it's being smuggled?
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by Vauxite
If 'customs' see that won't they seize it and treat it like it's being smuggled?

Yeah, they would.
You think Coda Music (the English guys selling it) would lower their price if I tell them that I had seen it lower?
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by Vauxite
I'm thinking of buying a Talkbox from eBay, the price for one already in England is £119 but the ones I can ship in from America are only £75.
I was wondering if any of you guys could help me work out what the Import tax would be and if it would be cheaper at the end of the day to buy from England instead,

Thanks in advance.
Foz.

Allow an additonal 25 - 30% of the goods value to cover tax, duties and fees incurred by the courier etc...
If you get the 'gift' through customs you're safe, but it's risky.

Just ask the guy nicely to mark the value down a bit.
Otherwise, import tax will come f you in the a.
R E G G A E