I get a small amount of hum and static on my bass... when I'm not touching it. As soon as I touch the strings, it goes away. What do I have to do to get rid of this? I have two single coil pickups that should theoretically be wired up together to act like a humbucker, so I don't know if they aren't, or if it's some kind of grounding issue.
it the hum goes away after you touch it, its probably interference from external devices like computer monitors, speakers, cell phone etc. When your fingers touch, you are picking it the interference and grounding the connection with your skin.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
Quote by handlerb
it the hum goes away after you touch it, its probably interference from external devices like computer monitors, speakers, cell phone etc. When your fingers touch, you are picking it the interference and grounding the connection with your skin.

I've had this bass for 15 years, it has always done this, on any amp, at any location.
i have the same problem on my guitar, specially with pedals, i have noticed that it is less "hummy" if i have less electronic devices on. but u cant win really, even when doin gigs, the interference is gona be there. could look for a noise supressor
My instructor custom builds basses, and his don't hum even on the same amp that mine will hum on. I just don't understand what is different about mine. He told me it was because little kids in China built mine, which obviously isn't a straight answer.
In that case your best bet is the Boss NS-2 or the ISP Decimator.
yeah I agree-- I had that problem , I posted my problem on here,, got great advice, followed it, purchased a noise suppressor ( rocktron hush pedal), and it took care of it, although I should've spent a bit more on a ISP decimator