What in your opinion is the best method of practice to become the best guitarist you can be?
Do what herman li does because herman li is the best guitarist you could ever dream of be.
Quote by Hastee
Do what herman li does because herman li is the best guitarist you could ever dream of be.

AND tell everybody herman li is cool! or else he'll **** on ur head!
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

You sit down and work through what you want to learn. I can't say I've heard of any other ways of practicing.
jus practice all the time....
ive been playing for four years and i sound better than my other guitar playing friends who have benn playing for like 6-7 years....plus i jus depends on your style of playing...
Quote by Hastee

I hope that was a joke.

TS, I'd just advise taking it one step at a time; don't rush yourself. Learn what you want to learn and invest in a tutor if you feel you really need one.

Guitar shouldn't be a chore.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by lexaah
AND tell everybody herman li is cool! or else he'll **** on ur head!

herman li sucks....he only got his big reputation because of guitar hero 3
The best practise is repeated practise, as much as you can every day, have paticience

PROFIT!!!

Edit:

Learn the blues, easy AND impressive.

Another edit:
Aaargh!

Sorry, I typed that whole thing really fast, normally I have adequate grammar.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Last edited by sg255 at Apr 15, 2008,
learn solos.
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
Push yourself, learn scales, practise with other people.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Quote by rage__against10
shread all the time. dont worry about anything else.
if you shread 24/7, all will work itself out

Shread?
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by sg255
The best practise is repeated practise, as much as you can every day, have paticience

PROFTIT!!!

aghhh!! the grammar!! the fail!!
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
Quote by Hastee

He is not the best ever. Sure he's brilliant, but there's people around that are 10x the guitarist he is. Jeff Healey for example is basically Hendrix, but blind, and plays guitar upside down on his lap. He died 2 months ago though :sad

anyway, just practise the songs you enjoy listening to, then try altering them / interpreting them to your own style. Btw, the guy who I quoted didn't mention how Herman Li practises which made it a pointless comment.
Quote by sg255

PROFTIT!!!

Edit:

Learn the blues, easy AND impressive.

What's proftit?
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Quote by rage__against10
shread all the time. dont worry about anything else.
if you shread 24/7, all will work itself out

That's how to become a terrible guitarist. How will shredding constantly sound good throughout songs? Even DragonForce don't shred constantly. If shredding is all you can do, how do you play a slow solo? Or a chord? Or sweep? There's so many flaws in that comment.
Quote by A-G-guitarist
That's how to become a terrible guitarist. How will shredding constantly sound good throughout songs? Even DragonForce don't shred constantly. If shredding is all you can do, how do you play a slow solo? Or a chord? Or sweep? There's so many flaws in that comment.

Also, you learn to "shred" by having control. You gain control by playing slow. Shredding all the time will result in a sloppy player.
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Just practise things you like, try many different types of music and that's all. When you play try playin faster/slower adding some extra notes. If you are exhausted just stop.
I think thats all. You won't even see when you get skill :P
The best kind of practice is to be critical about your own playing, question not only what you do wrong, but also what you do (or sometimes THINK you do) right in order to turn to the right technique, accuracy, and feel. The most important thing however, is to have fun.
well, i dont practice persay. not to say i dont play all the time. but i enjoy playing, and learning the guitar. therefore, i dont consider my practicing to be practice.

thats the best way, not to think of it as something you gotta do. as something you wanna do.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
master the basics... then build on them.. increasing the tempo n notes etc. etc.

u gotta walk before running..

and before walking.. you gotta crawl.

most importantly.. you gotta enjoy what you're playing.. dont turn into a robot just playing randomly to get better.. enjoy the music.

its a long road.. n we have plenty of time to reach the end.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Last edited by Oblivion_Rps at Apr 15, 2008,
Scales, chords, songs.

There's really nothing more to it than that. Just how much you do, and whether or not you rush yourself.
HYPOCRITE OPPORTUNIST

I've found that learning scales to a metronome, then getting faster and pushing it faster works a hell of a lot.

Learn things that look hard. Don't stop.
Quote by A-G-guitarist

And how will being totally unable to understand the world around you help you? Only god knows.

I have a little present for you Press the present
The jazz student