I am choosing a new complete and can't decide which deck to get. I'm looking an Element skateboard and a Toy Machine. The Element is a fiberlight and the Toy Machine is a fiberlam deck. Which one should I choose?
almost.
and ur looking at decks, not completes.
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
Fiberlight over TM, but you said completes, not just decks

Enjoi is bestes
I'm Steve
Or just buy a blank, trash it, buy a blank, trash it, buy a blank...back when I skated I could get 3 blanks for the price of 1 toy machine deck. I was always happy.
Ceci n'est pas une signature
Element is good if you can't skate very well. If you're more into it and know what you're doing, then everything else is pretty much good. I suggest Foundation skateboards.
Quote by minibrowny
Word on the street is, this girl called axel i think it was, spent the night in a disused barn eating owls.
Quote by mulletman500
I like my women like I like my coffee... male.

Yeah, but I sing like an amputee though.
Why?
'Cause. Can't hold a note, can't carry a tune.
Oops! my bad. I did mean decks. Sorry for the confusion! Thanks for the help everyone!
Depends on a number of things, first you style of riding (what you like to do best: ledges, stairs, gaps, flatground, etc...)
then if you like to do fliptricks and such for example, a wider board is NOT recommended but if you gaps or ledges and rails wider is better for more stability. Also if you're really small, grommie boards are for you. Yada yada. So dude I could help you out a lot, only thing is you have to help me out by giving more details.
Professional Tracking, Mixing and Mastering available.
Available for live sound, consultation and rig/ system designing in and around the Montreal, CA area.
PM for details.

Past clients/ credits include: The Catalyst, Click! and Alain Caron.
i think blank boards are the best personally because they are thin and lightweight... i have landed several double kickflips and even some double heelflips on mini-logos, and yet on my brothers element i cant even land a kickflip (but i can land a heelflip, much easier)
I'm Steve
I'm into street skating more than anything. Ledges, stairs, and rails are what I'm really looking to skate. The element deck's width is 7.5 and the Toy Machine is 7.75. Stupid question, but does shoe size really affect the ability to do fliptricks on smaller or larger width boards? I wear a size 11 shoe.
Well bigger shoes mean you got big feet so a wider board would be good for you.
About blank/shop decks, I think they tend to become really floppy after a while and being a guy who loves big concave boards with big pop, I love stiff boards. Some love floppy boards, so it's personal opinion. Same goes with brands: personal opinion. If you are dead-set on getting a "special" board (like fiberglass layer in middle or stuff like that) there's a few of them so it becomes a matter of wether your shop carries them or not.

Foundation fiber in middle
Element fiberlight, helium (air in middle)
Almost fiber or anti-breakage discs around truck areas
Darkstar carbon fiber again.

So on...

EDIT: Even though I only wear size 9, I like bigger boards because I feel I control the board way more specially since I skate ledges a lot.
Available for live sound, consultation and rig/ system designing in and around the Montreal, CA area.
PM for details.

I'll have to look to see what's available. I've been on CCS last night and today and I really want to get nice board. I'll check out what decks they have in 8.
Quote by Metaljeffy
I'll have to look to see what's available. I've been on CCS last night and today and I really want to get nice board. I'll check out what decks they have in 8.

I think you should really look at the boards in person if there is a nice shop within reasonable distance from your house as you can feel the board with your shoes in person and see how you like it. Also remember the graphic is gone after a few good sessions.
PM for details.

Quote by pedro.ataidee
just buy something you feel comfortable

YYYEEESSSSS
PM for details.