Hey everyone. I'd like to know if anyone has done this before, or if you have any more information on how to do it, etc. I ran a search first to see, but I couldn't find anything relevant.

I have this expression pedal (Pigtronix EP-1) which I have been using with my Zoom 2020 processor for years. Now, I've replaced my Zoom and have no other use for it or the expression pedal. I'd like to, if possible, convert this pedal into a volume pedal with an input and output that I can just plug in line with my other pedals.

Any information would be great, thanks!
It would be pretty easy to convert, you'd have to find out what is inside first though.

You might need to replace the pot with a 500k depending on what is inside, then you need to wire up a couple of 1/4" jacks.

Also noticed you're name, UltraMatic4. I've got one too Great guitars
Thanks for the replies, guys. I haven't had the chance to open the pedal up yet, but I'll be getting around to that shortly.

Quote by Dark_Merlin

You might need to replace the pot with a 500k depending on what is inside, then you need to wire up a couple of 1/4" jacks.

Forgive my ignorance, but what would the significance of switching to something like that?

Quote by Dark_Merlin

Also noticed you're name, UltraMatic4. I've got one too Great guitars

Yes, they are outstanding guitars. It's my favorite of all that I've owned...or even played for that matter.