whenever im trying to do Kerry King vibrato stuff the whammy bar comes loose. I dont think its the trem system, its the arm, i keep having to screw it back in and its really annoying. is there a way i can stop it from doing this.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
get a new tremelo sounds like your threads gone or something
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
It comes loose without unwinding it? Maybe the threads stripped inside the trem. Check for filings I spose.
Epi Les Paul Standard plus
w/ Seymour Duncan Sh-2n in neck and SH-4 in bridge
Vox Valvetronix
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
I have the same problem, comrade.

Mine is because my bar is too big and i've had countless replacements
Quite.
Snap. I had this problem recently, and I was wondering what was up with my tremelo system as well.

I took it to the store I bought it from, for a different problem, but made mention of it while I was there. The store manager -- whom is awesome and gives me deals/free stuff all the time -- said that some tremelos, for whatever reason, generally loosen up after use. Your tremelo probably has two washers beneath the tremelo screw (as in, the part that screws onto the bridge), which don't keep the tremelo in position very well. The store manager -- remember, he's awesome -- gave me a bar with a rubber sleeve, so mine doesn't come loose, and now I have two whammy bars. =)

So yeah, I'd recommend either attempting to fit your bar with a rubber stopper, or getting a new bar all-together.
I was just searching around that same issue.

Is it an original floyd rose?
There seems to be 2 designs, one of which the trem arm screws in, while the other uses the pins on the bar, clamped by the screw around it.

In my case, when I screw it tight, the bar stays in place. Whenever I dare to rotate it in the 'right' direction (as in for it to unscrew), it... unscrews a bit, and becomes loose.

Is a major pain in the ass sometimes, especially when you're trying to pull off some Vai tricks
Have you bought a replacement bar? if you have it might have been the wrong size
Quote by sanderd
I was just searching around that same issue.

Is it an original floyd rose?
There seems to be 2 designs, one of which the trem arm screws in, while the other uses the pins on the bar, clamped by the screw around it.

In my case, when I screw it tight, the bar stays in place. Whenever I dare to rotate it in the 'right' direction (as in for it to unscrew), it... unscrews a bit, and becomes loose.

Is a major pain in the ass sometimes, especially when you're trying to pull off some Vai tricks

Yep that's the difference between the original floyd rose and a cheaper one.
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
Mine is an original

edit: and works with the 2-pins-being-clamped method
Last edited by sanderd at Apr 15, 2008,
mines a licenced
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
That's an issue with those Jackson JT580s. There is an easy fix for it, just let me find it.

EDIT: Hmm. Some say changing the arm helps, while others just replaced the whole socket and arm, as unless they changed something, you can not adjust the JT580 socket. It's possibly an issue with thread spacing or getting the wrong the bar. My advice is to try a new trem arm first.
Last edited by CJRocker at Apr 15, 2008,