Okay so for a louder output and just to experiment, for the band I'm in I combine a Kustom 10watt practice Bass amp, and a Fender Sidekick 50 bass amp. Using the Kustom as a head and the fender as a Cab. Its definitely loud and the tone is pretty amazing.

Any dangers?

What does UG think?
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by AidanSC91
Using the Kustom as a head and the fender as a Cab.

Err what? If you mean "and the fender as a Cab" as in using the fenders speakers (like, you know, a cab), well, it won't be much louder than the Kustom alone. If you mean you have the Kustom as a preamp and the Fender as a preamp+poweramp, yes, that will work just fine (although it won't be that much louder - somewhat yes). Although you risk overloading the Fender's preamp if the Kustom's output will be too high. Chances are it can't go that high, but I'm not sure.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
If you're plugging the (speaker) output of an amp into the input of another; you're basically guaranteed to blow them both up, sooner or later.
I plug into the Fender and run a cable from the output in the back of the kustom into the back of the fender. =S Nothing bad has happened in the past 6 months.

But, now I'll be a little more careful, and prepared =/

I'm sure the tone is godly coming out of those two SS amps and an epiphone.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
I haven't been to active on UG in the past year until about a month ago.

So yeah... Just thought I'd get an opinion on this. Whether I should continue or not. I've played a few shows with this setup and gotten alot of "Hey! Nice tone!" and some really awkward looks from the other bassists

Quote by hamish5178
I'm sure the tone is godly coming out of those two SS amps and an epiphone.

So you probably use a Direct Out to a Aux In or something like that? Should be fine I guess. You basically get the Kustoms preamp and the Fenders poweramp (and speakers).
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Yeah, that all sounds right.

I'm a big guitar amp newbie.

Our drummer and I were trying out different ways to overpower our guitarist with his 4x12 and thats what we came up with and it definitely takes him out

Anything I can read to learn up on amps and all that? =/

Quote by AidanSC91
I plug into the Fender and run a cable from the output in the back of the kustom into the back of the fender. =S Nothing bad has happened in the past 6 months.

But, now I'll be a little more careful, and prepared =/

Maybe I'm missing something here, but what effect would the Kustom have if no guitar signal is going through it? I have a lot of experience with re-amping & load boxes, etc, & this sounds more than a little odd. I'd have to see this setup to believe it .
It sounds like it's just a matter of time til mr hankey's prophecy comes to pass.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
I'll take pics next time.

=/

Its confuses me too.

Our drummer usually rigs it up, but thats basically it.

Quote by AidanSC91
I'll take pics next time.

=/

Its confuses me too.

Our drummer usually rigs it up, but thats basically it.

Never trust a drummer with anything of value.
LOL

He's not a stereotypical drummer.He just started drumming like 3 months ago, and he had been playing guitar for 7 years.

Soooo, I trust him more than I trust our guitarist. (Who thinks that Ibanez + Peavey is the greatest combination in existence)

Quote by mr_hankey
Never trust a drummer with anything of value.

All too true my friend. All too true.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.