I was going to get the Carbon Copy, but I haven't been able to find any anywhere and apparently they're hardcore backordered and I probably won't be able to get one until like the end of May. People say it's like the poor man's DMM, and may be a little better even? Which I find hard to believe, considering it's like twice the price.

I might just cave and buy the DMM, it should be able to do everything the MXR can and more, right? I was pretty interested in the modulation on the Carbon Copy, when engaged it can give it a sort of chorus-y, really warm and nice sound. I liked that a lot. Is the DMM capable of this as well? How does it sound in comparison?

Any other analog delays you could recommend? Thanks.
I was pretty interested in the modulation on the Carbon Copy, when engaged it can give it a sort of chorus-y, really warm and nice sound. I liked that a lot. Is the DMM capable of this as well?

I can't speak to how the Carbon Copy compares, but the DMM is awesome for modulated analogue delay. I bought one used last year and love it -- many musical tones are on tap with it. There's a reason why it is so popular.

There was some chat on the EHX Users Guild thread comparing the DMM to Carbon Copy a couple of weeks ago, but I don't remember the outcome ... knowing that group, it was probably DMM worship
well I can tell you from experience (I play on both) they are both great delays. Here is my quick comparison to help you decide based solely on whats important to me IMHO.
The main reason why the Carbon Copy is on my pedalboard and the DMM is in the house is the carbon copy runs on 9v adapters and since I run a 1spot across the board, its really simple, whereas the DMM runs on 12v electroharmonix power supply wall wart...not too condusive to live unless you have a crap ton of space on your power strip/powered pedalboard. Also the carbon copy is about the size of a bar of soap, the DMM is about the size of a small shoebox, so again if real estate is limited in your live rig it might not fit. The carbon copy is made of steel like all other mxr pedals and would survive a nuclear blast, DMM is made of thin metal and wouldnt survive a tumble off the stage.

All that being said, I know it sounds like Carbon Copy fanboydom over here, but I really do love the DMM its just so freakin expensive. The only reason I could see getting it instead is for the chorus vibrato effects that you can get. OK, hope that helps.
Quote by Shadow Eternal
I was pretty interested in the modulation on the Carbon Copy, when engaged it can give it a sort of chorus-y, really warm and nice sound. I liked that a lot. Is the DMM capable of this as well?

I haven't played the Carbon Copy, so I can't fairly compare.

I own the DMM, however, and can tell you that I love it. It has a decent chorus effect built in (not quite a Small Clone, but nice), but I tend to use the pitch-shifting vibrato effect more. That's very cool. The other big advantage of the DMM is the level knob. If you're kicking it in for solos, it can serve as a boost at the same time.

Just from reading descriptions, I believe the DMM has a much wider range of delay and feedback. More than can be practically used, which is another one of the things I love about it.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
I haven't played the Carbon Copy, so I can't fairly compare.

I own the DMM, however, and can tell you that I love it. It has a decent chorus effect built in (not quite a Small Clone, but nice), but I tend to use the pitch-shifting vibrato effect more. That's very cool. The other big advantage of the DMM is the level knob. If you're kicking it in for solos, it can serve as a boost at the same time.

Just from reading descriptions, I believe the DMM has a much wider range of delay and feedback. More than can be practically used, which is another one of the things I love about it.

+1, the chorus isn't as deep as I'd like it to be, but the vibrato's nice.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild