For my final art project we have to do what is called a "tool box" where we take what we have learned in art and apply it to "what we're all about" as he put it. I chose music, and what I plan to do is take 12 album covers and show how they relate to the music and lyrics on the album. I'll be doing this in a format that he's actually given us as a weekly assignment used to analyze paintings and sculptures. They're called HTLA's (how to look at art) and it asks about things like Date, artist, important events in history, etc, etc. I plan to add things like: Events in the artists lives, things like that.

So...

Any suggestions for questions or album covers?

Here's what I'm considering so far as albums go:

Tool - Lateralus
Vanna - Curses
Brand New - Deja Entendu
The Fall of Troy - Manipulator or Doppleganger (can't decide)
Chiodos - Bone Palace Ballet
The End of Heartache - Killswitch Engage
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
all's well that ends well owned bone palace ballet

circa survive - juturna
saosin - translating the name
I don't mean to be an ass, but surely our suggestions aren't "what you're all about" right?
i was going to suggest brand new - the devil and god but i see you have deja on there already.

kevin devine - put your ghost to rest
The Smashing pumpkins - mellon collie and the infinite sadness
iron and wine- the Shepard's dog is an interesting cover with some odd colors
Well the best album covers i know of are:
Nirvana - Nevermind
Megadeth - Peace Sells
Maybe a Iron Maiden one seeing as though Eddie would make a good drawing
Manchester United
ride the lightning
FREE THE PEAR

Robot Lewis Stevenson of the Timesplitters group! Join!
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
Metallica - Master Of Puppets, And Justice For All
Quote by michal23
I don't mean to be an ass, but surely our suggestions aren't "what you're all about" right?

No, go ahead, I'll probably like some, if not most of what you listen to any way.

Quote by sleeplessforevr
all's well that ends well owned bone palace ballet

circa survive - juturna
saosin - translating the name

I don't think you can really compare those two albums, they're so different. I really liked Bone Palace Ballet, the lyrics are brilliant on it. Craig's got a really good grasp on language as well as human relationships, which makes it a fantastic listen based on lyrics. Musically, they completely evolved, changed their style and still worked amazingly as a cohesive unit, while still doing completely seperate things in regards to instrumentation. It's heavy still, just in a different way, it's theatrical, and not quite as, I hate to use the word "scene". Meh, it's neither here nor there really.
Last edited by jimmy388 at Apr 15, 2008,