ight i've been playing guitar for awhile now and i can learn songs pretty quick by reading the tabs but i can find any songs that i wanna learn how to play, im looking popular songs that i can play at parties and stuff and people would know ...any suggestions?
Stairway, Dust in The Wind, Rock and Roll, Black Dog, Wind Cries Mary, Purple Haze, Hey Joe, etc. It'll depend on what kind of music the people who you're playing to listen to. If you play a song they know.. they'll think you're amazing... even if you play a harder song that they don't know. It's just how it works.
Nor less I deem that there are Powers
Which of themselves our minds impress;
That we can feed this mind of ours
In a wise passiveness.
--Wordsworth

last.fm
Some putz is going to suggest some Yngwie or Becker, but people don't want to hear that.

"Dust in the Wind" is good
A lot of Beatles songs will work.
As will the Stones.

Just look through your dad's CD/record collection.
look at the top 100 tab list by hits. they always have the most popular songs of the day (like whatever's on the radio or tv)
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
^I'd say he's better with the classics. If people want to hear him play, he's better off with the Stones than the little guitar lick from Nelly's "Ride With Me."
I guess that would be good. if he wasted his time learning a song people like today, in a month no one will care. classics on the other hand are always nice/fun to hear.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥