I was thinking about getting this bass. i have played and it sounds good to me but i was wondering if theres many floors to this bass or anything wrong(dont see to many jackson bass's). I also wonmt be getting it till later probablt not till christmas but i am scouting for my new bass and i just liked the look

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-Chris-Beattie-Signature-Bass?sku=511577X

tell me what you all think or even somthing similiar in its range
v. nice
Quote by ~Danny~
Must if they break for me, better sounds come from the way you play more-so than the strings.

Quote by ~Danny~
>hen I said 'must', i meant just.

Quote by ~Danny~
I think we've realised I can't type by now...
From the specs it looks promising. From Jackson's reputaion with guitars, I can almost guarentee that it will be constructed well. Therefore, all you need to do is make sure it hase the tone and feel you are looking for. Looks shouldn't be a serious consideration.

A good example is Les Claypool's relationship with Carl Thomson basses. He thinks they are downright ugly, but he finds they are the nicest basses he has ever tried went it comes to tone and feel.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Last edited by gm jack at Apr 15, 2008,
i havnt actually seen a carl thomson bass well i dont think i have seen it but i get your point thanks i get to try it again this friday so yaahhhh
Those pointy headstocks tend to have heavy tuners and dive quite a bit, but that one doesn't have that headstock, so you should be good.

And it's nice to see that all the controls remain intact. It seems to me that many "hard-playing" sigs these days have the guts removed from them because... I guess having no guts is just so metal *cough* *Ibanez* *cough*.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
looks like a decent bass. the specs look good, but there are several nice basses in that price range, and i am not a big fan of "signature" basses. the Geddy Lee is an exception, as are the "high-end" Fenders. Jackson is owned by Fender, btw.
i've played one in the Great House of Guitars. it's quite nice, except i don't like the finish on the back of the neck. the neck is nice and thin and it has a nice punchy tone.
GAS List:
Nothing
Quote by thefitz
Those pointy headstocks tend to have heavy tuners and dive quite a bit, but that one doesn't have that headstock, so you should be good.

my ibanez has a pointy headstock and has a very thin body. about half the width of an average bass so it's very light. it has no dive issues at all. i have to stop playing and clap in one of the songs in my cover band and when i go back to playing the bass is right where i left it.

anyways TS. i've only played one jackson bass. I loved it. i wanted it sooo bad. but the store was one that i refuse to buy anything from(due to their being jerks and jacking up prices, i only go there to look at gear and browse) and i didn't have access to buying from the internet. And jackson stuff is definitely built high quality.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Quote by Revelation
my ibanez has a pointy headstock and has a very thin body. about half the width of an average bass so it's very light. it has no dive issues at all. i have to stop playing and clap in one of the songs in my cover band and when i go back to playing the bass is right where i left it.

Well I had a Jackson/Charvel bass from 1986 and it neckdove rather badly. The neck dive depends on how the headstock is laid out, how far the upper horn goes, where the neck joint is, and the weight of the tuners (which were massive).
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I've only played a Jackson bass from the early 90's, and the CMG model - both of which are pretty much guitar bodies w/ bass strings and electronics.

I didn't like the feel of them at all.
an aussie bands bassist plays one (norse i think) sounded damn fine through an ampeg 810 and a head i cant remember
I am me. Live with it.
not a fan of teh metalz look

but if it sounds really good to compensate

like, as much compensation as a man with a 10 centimetre penis driving a hummer limo everywhere
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"