Quote by opc100
you fail. it just sounds like random notes. and it doesn't seem to be in a key signature. and what happens in the solo?

Well thanks for the cheerful comment. Do you even listen to death metal or thrash metal? The solo is a chaotic Slayer type solo with lots of whammy bar abuse.
I'm not saying this is a good song or anything, I just wanted some honest opinions on it, without getting flamed.
Therefore, you are hereby reported.
Have a nice day.
Last edited by Pingis_Or_Death at Apr 15, 2008,
Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
Well thanks for the cheerful comment. Do you even listen to death metal or thrash metal? The solo is a chaotic Slayer type solo with lots of whammy bar abuse. What do you mean not in a key signature? Is your brain functioning properly? It's all written in 4/4, unless you didn't notice.
I'm not saying this is a good song or anything, I just wanted some honest opinions on it, without getting flamed.
Have a nice day.

No, key signature means what key its in, not what time its in. Thats time signature. On to the song, I like the drums at the beginning, its pretty awesome stuff, and the riffs are pretty cool and thrashy too. The only part I didnt like was the solo, it sounded like Slayer and gang's type of solos, the random notes and sloppy runs all over the place.
Quote by insideac
No, key signature means what key its in, not what time its in. Thats time signature

Sorry, heh, I'm kinda tired. Yeah I knew that allright...
I'm just gonna edit my post now.
I agree the solo is nothing special, but I didn't really intend it to be anything special really. I might still edit it a bit or something, but I don't think I'm going to make it melodic...
To opc100: Have you ever listened to thrash?

Regarding the music, I liked it. I'm not a massive fan of Thrash (listen to bands like Kreator, Slayer, Death Angel sometimes) simply because 'powerchord, chugga, chugga, chugga' kinda bores me after a while. If I were you, I would try spicing it up with some more single note melodies and whatnot.

As for the solo, I really enjoyed it. It suited the music to a tee and really did remind of a Slayer styled shred out.
Gear:
Ibanez S470DXQM
Laney GH50L - Laney GS212IE
Boss GE7
MXR Wylde OD
Boss DD2
Boss CE20
Walden G570
Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
Well thanks for the cheerful comment. Do you even listen to death metal or thrash metal? The solo is a chaotic Slayer type solo with lots of whammy bar abuse. Usually thrash metal or death metal isn't written in a key signature, unless its some type of diminished or augumented key signature (this does not apply to melodic death and thrash metal).
Have a nice day.

No dude, . Now youre talking about what mode/scale its in.
Quote by insideac
No dude, . Now youre talking about what mode/scale its in.

Meh, I couldn't remember what a key signature was, but I thought it had something to do with scales and stuff, but now when I'm looking at the wikipedia article it seems like I'm wrong, just like you said. I'm not really good at theory but I know some simple stuff...I'm probably gonna learn some more theory later on.
i dabble, and it's alright. this just isn't very musical. didn't mean to offend anyone so i'm sorry if i caused offence. just wasn't enjoyable FOR ME

edit: and reported for what?
hello
Quote by opc100
i dabble, and it's alright. this just isn't very musical. didn't mean to offend anyone so i'm sorry if i caused offence. just wasn't enjoyable FOR ME

edit: and reported for what?

Reported for being rude, telling people they fail is allright in the pit, but I doubt its tolerated in other sub-forums, besides, critting a song belonging to a genre you dislike isn't really something you should do anyway, since it'll just seem like garbage to you anyway. I know its hard for someone who hasnt listened to a lot of thrash and death metal to like thrash/death metal, but next time you're going to crit something, don't just bash the song because you don't understand the genre. Its allright though, I didn't get TERRIBLY offended by your post.
its good i like the bridge where it slows down. generally though i think it just sounds like any old slayer song. Maybe if you added more some crazy riffage with less 'chugga chugga bottom string' and more complexity you'd have something a lot better.
With the intro, it sounds like alot of other thrash songs, but that breaks off at measure 33. I really like that whole serious of riffs. The bridge could use some more extended riffs, try to break out of power chords, believe me you can get some nasty full chords. The solo was kinda cheesy in my opinion. Also the song didn't have much structure, very repetitive.

7/10 not my style.
Crit for Crit?
-Gear-
Mesa Triple Rectifier---Bogner/Line6 SpiderValve---Orange PPC 4x12

-Pedalboard/Rackmount-
Alesis MidiVerb4--BBE SonicMaximizer 442--Ibanez TS9
Boss DD-3--Morley Mark Tremonti Wah

-Guitars-
Ibanez ART-100
Ibanez S-470
Last edited by FlyingPooooo at Apr 15, 2008,
I liked every riff, but they all sounded very similar and it got very repetitive fast. A good changeup (think Slayer) would have helped the song a whole lot. The solo was not very good but a few parts were cool, it works fine as a placeholder.

My idea, release a new version that is a little less repetitive and has a good changeup or something and work on the solo some. Also, remember there are more guitar strings than your E and A strings.

In its current form, 6/10. It has potential though, just like everything else.
When I first clicked 'play,' I was expecting some thrash. You know what I got? Full on thrash!!!! A lot of your riffs were creative, but got sort of repetitive. Once it hits bar 33, it seems to heat up a bit. I really like the chord progression (Chorus?) as well. I loved the whammy bar stuff in the beginning of the solo, and the run at bar 118-119. The solo as a whole really suits the song and the genre. Overall, my only complaint is a small lack of variety; You have other guitar strings (As previously stated). Ace song buddy.

Crit mine, please? http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=838465
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

this was decent thrash, although im not sure it quite gets the technical label IMO
but anyway it was good, each riff was excellent for the style, very close to slayer, maybe just a little too much, but then its a winning formula
id agree with some of the other posters saying it got a bit repetitive, i think if there had perhaps been some tempo changes around it may have made it more interesting
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
pretty generic and uninspiring in my opinion, no different from any of your other songs tbh. try be more inventive and do something not seen in pretty much every unsuccessful band around.
Quote by ch715dallat
pretty generic and uninspiring in my opinion, no different from any of your other songs tbh. try be more inventive and do something not seen in pretty much every unsuccessful band around.

I'm just trying to write a kick ass thrash song, not something incredibly inventive. In which do you mean more inventive? What do you want me to do? This is thrash metal, not technical/avantgarde death metal.
just because its thrash doesnt mean it has to be boring overly repetitive and heard a million times before stuff, you can write fresh thrash if you put some effort in and not take the first thing that comes into your head.
Quote by ch715dallat
just because its thrash doesnt mean it has to be boring overly repetitive and heard a million times before stuff, you can write fresh thrash if you put some effort in and not take the first thing that comes into your head.

i agree, i think the best thrash songsare the ones have very complex riffs that sound different and inspiring and really stand out from the genre, but of course still being thrash.
e.g Megadeth - Holy wars
Exodus - Deathamphetamine
Dream Theater - Constant Motion