So I've always talked to my friend about recording what I play. So, nice as he is, when we met last week he gave me this Cakewalk Guitar Tracks Pro program. I've made some research about it and some ppl say I need a really good sound card to be able to make any use of this at all. So i have some questions.

1. Is my sound card good enough? I have a Creative Soundblast Hi-Fi Gaming

2. What is the best way for me to record? I have an Ibanez Rg321 with a Roland Cube 30X. Is it better to record by putting the mic against the amp or should I connect my amp into the computer? As Im doing it now, I connect my guitar to the amp, then from the amp via the Recording/Headphone jack I connect the amp to the computer. I've read about people saying this is worse than just using the mic. That just sounds really weird.

3. Could anyone just give me some tips on some easy ways to make a good recording using this program. I know there's a thread about Audacity, but this one's just massive.

Thanks in advance.
yeah dude Guitar Tracks is freaking awesome, i use it to record, the clip on my profle ( check it out BTW) i think you should , if you can , buy a recoding port, such as line6 tone port, check out my clip and tell me what you think, thats what i have, i ve not recorded thru my amp but to my pc directly, but i dont think it would sound that, good...
yeah, that recording was really nice have you bought any expensive stuff to get it to sound like that? And when you say you've connected your guitar to your computer directly, did you just buy a 1/4"-> 1/8" (or if it's the other way around?) and plugged it in your sound card?

And how do I start AmplutubeLE? I've got all the files etc but I can't find it in Guitar Tracks Pro.

As you can see I have never recorded before and maybe you say I should use Audacity because it's easier. But as I have got this program I might as well learn to use it right away. So if someone could give some tips and try to answer my questions it would be great.
Try watching the recording video in the sticky at the top of this forum. It should give you a good overview of low budget recording, then you can ask any more questions you might have.
There is poetry in despair.
Quote by fridge_raider
Try watching the recording video in the sticky at the top of this forum. It should give you a good overview of low budget recording, then you can ask any more questions you might have.

yeah those vids helped me out alot, you should watch them, ive never record straight to my sound card, only thru the one port, and they only thing, ive bought is the tone port, nothing fancy, GUITAR>Toneport>PC>my FAns(not really lol)