So i have my college interview in a weeks time. I've applied for a performing arts course and one of the requirements is to sing a song. I'm stuck for what song to sing. Seriously.

My vocal range isn't too high, but it's alright. I also don't mind playing guitar as well as singing as my guitar playing is a way higher standard than my vocals.

Anybody have any suggestions on something i could sing? I just need to get through this audition, but can't think of a decent song.

So any help is appreciated.
Sweet.
Something by the Beatles seems rather appropriate. Pre-drug years that is. Like "Can't Buy Me Love"
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
If you want to sing a song that's pretty simple vocally but allows you to show off your guitar skills, how about a john mayer or newton faulker song.
if you want to showcase guitar playing then neon by john mayer
My gear:
PRS SE Custom Semi-Hollow
Ibanez AEL 50 SERLV
Peavey XXL Half Stack
Definitely something by Stevie Ray Vaughan. Maybe even hendrix...his vocals aren't too hard to match
Thanks for the ideas, i actually considered alot of them even before asking.

I'm rather gonna do a song from the musical, Joseph. Song of the king maybe. But i'll consider The Beatles and Iris. I know them already and can do the vocals quite accurately so it could be good.
Sweet.
If you do Beatles, Penny Lane is pretty challenging.

It's easy, but at the same time it's really strange and takes a lot of getting used to.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Little Wing by Hendrix
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Tell them that you enjoy rocking out with your **** out. Then pull your **** out and rock.

But if you suck at singing then do a Bob Dylan song... he sucked at singing and look what he did.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.