Hey guys!

I will soon be graduating and I will probably and hopefully be able to ask for one final great gift from my parents. The one thing I think I want is the greatest distortion pedal there is!

Atlest it will be a high-end quality pedal. I want something that can do all the heavier sounds through my Fender HotRod amp. So far I've found "Indyguitarist/Wampler"(Plextortion) and Fulltone(GT-500 or DP) I Also know there are pedals like the OKKO Diablo and many great handmade that I dont know about.

Budget will be around $200 and sounds that I want to achihve is hard to say since it's very broad. I want some Symphony X, but also Deep Purple etc so very versatile I think.
I like the sounds of Rhandy Rhodes, Shawn Lane and many others ofcourse but ask If you need more clarity.

Bottom line: What do you think is the greatest distortion box out there for $200 that will suit my need?
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Pretty much anything approaching $200 will be amazing...
Just try things out at GC or somewhere, see what suits you best.
Quote by Chaosinborn

Quote by gh0sthack

Didn't Kerry King use MGs at some point?

I think he just endorses them because he likes sacks of money
Quote by PimpedOutSquier
Pretty much anything approaching $200 will be amazing...
Just try things out at GC or somewhere, see what suits you best.

Yeah it will be great but I want to try something else from all these factory made pedals. something more unusal that is real well built good quality, sounding.. you know^^
Schecter C1 Classic
Wampler Ego Compressor
Symphony X through a Hot Rod? No matter how much distortion you use, you'll never get the Romeo tone using a Fender. You can get pretty close though. My suggestions would include the Fulltone Full-Drive 2 (or OCD), Keeley-modded TS9, ProCo RAT, Barber Burn Unit, Carl Martin Rock Drive, Crowther Audio Hot Cake, MXR Distortion+ and whatever else you spot that seems to fit the bill.
the Fultone ocd is a great overdrive/distortion pedal it is great at letting you hear the highs as well as the lows in a full chord. not a muddy sound at all it will really let your playing stand out while adding that crunch on lead that your lookin for. price wise its a steal at around $150. ever since i got mone i never use the foot switch or the drive on my amp at all this pedal has taken over.
Im gonna pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans !!!!
^ I've heard great things about the OCD but never tested it. Will it get like Metal heavy?
Schecter C1 Classic
Wampler Ego Compressor
Quote by backtothe70s
^ I've heard great things about the OCD but never tested it. Will it get like Metal heavy?

ahahaha, you mean "heavy metal"?
Guitar:
Ibanez S-Series 7 String
Pedals/other:
Morley Power Wah Volume
Gemini Dual Channel EQ
Boss TU-2
Amp:
Peavey 5150 120 watt combo (considering sale)
well that depends :P It could be "heavy metal" like in what Maiden is OR it can be more Pantera "heavy metal"(some say pantera is thrash etc whatever) you get the point?
Schecter C1 Classic
Wampler Ego Compressor
you could check out a marshall shredmeister?

Its a discontinued distortion pedal from the 80's and early 90's.

It's wicked heavy, and not like, scooped mids, thrash metal heavy, but big, meaty, balls-y heavy.

A few custom places have started custom making them again. I think http://olcircuits.com/ has a model, as well as BYOC. You can get premade ones from both places.

Just listen to the demos. Its pretty sick.
Quote by backtothe70s

yeah its adjustable you can ad as much drive as you need/want. i cover anything from pink floyd to opeth and slayer with it. i used a tube screamer b4 and this thing blows it outta the water.
Im gonna pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans !!!!