hi ive got an sg and wondering what amp to get.. atm ive got a marshall (profile page) and just wondering if theres an amp which would improve my sound... thanks
for an extra £30 you could get a Peavey Valveking 112; that would probably be an upgrade.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
im into sort of bluesy rock but i dont mind abit of clean stuff im not an expert but im not intermediate y'know?
well... i actually have £500 but i wanna get some more gear but if its only acouple of quid.. well 50 that'll be ok
Quote by Milkywaykid1
well... i actually have £500 but i wanna get some more gear but if its only acouple of quid.. well 50 that'll be ok

It was 338 at the Guitar Amp Keyboard center.
Quote by sashki
For 250 you probably won't find a better amp.

I say save up a bit more, and maybe sell your amp and buy an altogether better one.

Fail. The Laney VC-15 can be found brand new for as little as £220, and the LC-15, for as litte as £180. These both piss all over a Marshall Valvestate. As would a Blackheart Handsome Devil when it arrives.

If you want something of comparable volume, then a Laney VC-30 would suit you fine, but you'd need to sell yoour Marshall (oh dear! ). Or a used Fender Hot Rod Deluxe or Blues Deluxe.
Quote by minibrowny
www.gear4music.com Theres a 'White Horse" which is a full valve halfstack for £175. I have no idea how good it is, but valve at that price is worth a look.

It's only a valve preamp. It's a con. Leave well alone.
Quote by Milkywaykid1

Valveking Comb should suite you quite well, £279 from gak.co.uk

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Milkywaykid1
also any good deals on wah pedals? not much experience in that field unfortuantly

I think there's a whole thread dedicated to wahs in the gear forum, if it's not on the first page try searching for it.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.