anyone know any easy tapping riffs or solos with tapping parts so I can get started in practicing this technique?????

thanx
pluck open high e with your finger, then hammer on the 5th fret with your left hand and hammer the 9th with your right hand. then pull off and do it again. then move up or down a fret for a cool sound.
98 Epiphone Flying V Korina (Gibson '57 Classic and Classic Plus)

BD-2

Sovtek Mig-50
1979 Marshall 1960A (original Greenbacks)
"Lip Gloss and Black" by Atreyu has a really simple, relatively slow tapping part for beginners to start off with, once you can get that down your options really open up.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
The tapping part to Eruption - Eddie Van Halen. You must be thinking Im crazy but like
O-52-A-50-R, this was the first song I learned tapping from.
aye, first tapping riff i learned too, its actually really easy, or try an exercise i used to do, put your index finger on the 5th fret, ring finger on the 8th and tap on the 12th and pull off after each tap, good for building speed (on the high e string)
Schecter Damien FR
Hohner Acoustic
Crate V-18 212
Crate 10W Practice Amp
Boss OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion
Killswitch Pedal (Built by me)
Digitech RP350
Quote by zarith
aye, first tapping riff i learned too, its actually really easy, or try an exercise i used to do, put your index finger on the 5th fret, ring finger on the 8th and tap on the 12th and pull off after each tap, good for building speed (on the high e string)

Absolutely, this is a great way to begin tapping! It's the way I learned to do it back when I started tapping. Do what this guy said, and do it really fast a couple of times, then tap on the 13'th fret instead of the 12'th, and then just improvise by moving that shape/tapping pattern around. I'm serious, it sounds like a Metallica/EVH solo! It doesn't take long at all to master it, either.
Last edited by Zecromancer at Apr 15, 2008,
OK.....i just looked at the tab and Im going to take the first few tapping riffs and nail them.....then ill go on...thanx guys
I did what zarith said, I'm a decent tapper now, I can tap most things that aren't like 5 fingers.

Do it very very very slow at first.
Yep, One by Metallica is easy and you should also check out Ex-Creations by The Fall Of Troy. Extremely easy one there...

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

Johnny Sniper by Enter Shikari

Aerodynamic by Daft Punk also has an awesome tapping part in it.