I've seen tons of threads that start with TS posting a link of stupid or souless person and then say something along the lines of "this is why humanity is f*cked" or "this is why I hate people"

This thread is for the opposite

Post people or moments that make you say " Maybe humanity has a fighting chance after all"

My Contribution
-Wesley Autrey who saves a teen who fell on subway tracks (old old news I know)
-the fact that the US could very probably have either a black or female president

...this may or may not also help me with a school project >.<

When an original thread is made in the Pit. Doesn't happen too often though.
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
I definetely agree on the black president part. (No, I'm not black, you racist bastard)

I'll have to think a bit.

Edit: I actually feel pretty pleased about humanity when I can feel the positivity of the people around me.

And of course when there isn't any whiny teenage UG'er here. Once every goddamn century if you ask me.
Those massive pillow fights say alot about us.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
i dont pee on the toilet seats in public washrooms

humanity=saved
Quote by TheProducer
...I'm a pussy...
come on! my first thread in the pit, dont die!

Hugh Thompson - the man who put a halt to the MY Lai massacre, rejected all rewards given to shut him up, and got the soldiers responsible severely punished. Thank God there's finally going to be a film about him.

Bill Hicks always keeps me going, too. His comedy always has an undertone of hope for Mankind, and a fundamental sense of good, even if he is joking about throwing children out of aeroplanes.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Everybody who gets dogs from dog pounds, and gives them a proper home.
If you like Blues/Rock then add me as a friend. I need to talk to some Blues/Rock Musicians and need reccomendations.
Jason Becker.

´nuff said
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Banned for being the coolest April 08'er on UG.

please check out my own album:
almilano.bandcamp.com
A black or female president restores your faith in humanity?

It's not like they have superpowers.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
When people still take effort to be nice to each other.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
Mohandas Gandhi.

Aside from Hinduism, my beliefs about humanity and how to handle problems are the same as his.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Doctors and Nurses: ****ty pay and conditions, years of student dept, having to deal with all the good and bad people in society. But still do their job and do it bloody well; a job to save lives.

Friendship: Nothing beats having good times with your mates, weither it's chilling in your mates car listening to loud music, or having a beer while watching a film with them. Mates saved me from depression god knows how many times.

A Nice Mug of Tea: After a cold or hard day working, it's nice to come home, put my feet up and have a nice, steaming mug of Typhoo Tea.

Playing in a Band: So much fun, even if everyone hates us.
ASPCA
aaron macgruder
dave chappelle
earth first
adjunct professors
Quote by SleightOfHand
****in right budday! grunge is the shiite!

didnt read ur post tho so dont know what im agreeing to.

Quote by horloko
Good. More centaur pussy for me.

Quote by myearshurt

God bless you GrungeBeatle

Anyone who tries to help another person or at least not go out of thier way to make another person suffer in what ever way they can manage, even if they just help an old lady whose stuck trying to carry heavy bags and can't open a door then that's good enough for me.
Never lost it.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by timi_hendrix

obviously, but 10 years ago, 1 year ago, or even at the start of the election, not many people could forsee the possibility of a black or female president.

Many people have the mentality that since a president is not a white protestant male, that they will never get elected. This is easily understandable since most of our presidents HAVE been white protestant males.

The possibility that we can steer away from that, and pick the most able president regardless of gender or race restores my faith in humanity.

...Smartass

Quote by FireItUp714
obviously, but 10 years ago, 1 year ago, or even at the start of the election, not many people could forsee the possibility of a black or female president

i think it's kind of sad that it should be such a big deal, race or sex shouldn't even be an issue, but i guess the US is just backwards like that
Quote by SleightOfHand
****in right budday! grunge is the shiite!

didnt read ur post tho so dont know what im agreeing to.

Quote by horloko
Good. More centaur pussy for me.

Quote by myearshurt

God bless you GrungeBeatle

yea, i agree completely

Also, to freddaahh

i just read the Wiki article on Hugh Thompson and thats simply amazing
nice contribution

Quote by timi_hendrix

Hahaha...

But, when I need something to restore my faith in humanity, I just think Gandi, and all those peace-loving people.
Quote by Moggan13
Doctors and Nurses: ****ty pay and conditions, years of student dept, having to deal with all the good and bad people in society. But still do their job and do it bloody well; a job to save lives.

No, actually Doctors and Nurses get paid an ASSLOAD, can work ANYWHERE at ANYTIME since they are ALWAYS in demand. They don't necessarily like their job; it just pays the bills and a little more. I think it only takes like 2-3 years of schooling to be an Liscenced Practical Nurse, and they get paid anywhere from 15-35 an hour depending on place/overtime/etc.
I don't even shred
http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=105095&title=september-11,-2001

Jon Stewart's speech in the wake of September 11. It's things like this that make me proud to be an American. It's not the economy, it's not the military, it's not any of that. It's people and thoughts like this. It's our will to survive, our ability to band together, it's our resilience.

Which is not to say that we do any of that better than anyone else. But to know and to see that amid all the strife, amid death and destruction, people can pull together and be genuinely decent and altruistic...that is something rare and beautiful.
Can't stop the signal.
whenever i hear about a place in the US that still does executions, my faith in humanity is restored
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
when people do something in unison thats good like mass relief shows and stuff like that.
nothing humanity is pretty F%#*&( just look at the US political system its full of nothing but crooks.
Well, haven't really lost hope in humanity yet, but if it's those moments, then I guess the election of Kevin Rudd last year.
Why would the race or gender of a president matter at all? It's their ability that is the only thing that is important.
The Dalai Lama's ability to forgive the people that pretty much raped his country.
Why I Love Spanish Women

I'm hoping by "crack" you mean cleavage unless you have some kind of bizarre ass-chest.

Quote by Kensai
Dude, relax. Don't be so rape about things.
i gave up a floor pass to see ozzy to an eight year old kid who was moshing with me during lamb of god

im pretty sure im going to heaven
Glimsom wrote:
I fell several hundred feet, and hit the ground, and then Batman appeared. He said "You gotta press the Y Button to fly." Then I woke up.
Yesterday I saw some kid giving candy to homeless person . It pretty much restored my faith back in humanity.
Hi