I know there is a track in there that says vocals, but there really are none as of now; It just makes it sound cool. C4C.

Attachments:
Cool4.zip
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

Last edited by spartan 118 at Apr 15, 2008,
Quote by bloodshed344
The guitars were really great, the vocal melody sounded good, the bass was fine, the drums pretty much sucked (no offense to anything but your GP drum skills) Not really fast enough for Iron Maiden but overall it was great and I liked it.

Yeah, I can sort of understand that the drums weren't that great; I was just looking for something to back up the guitars and not really make a huge presence (although I will make a piece in the future that isn't like that). Anyway, thanks man.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty

Serras.
I second the notion that the drums didn't really complement the song. It seems like you were aiming for a "Ides of March" kinda marching snare roll thing, but the riff itself is a straight driving gallop ala "run for the hills" or "the trooper" - which would benefit from a more tight, basic 4/4 beat pattern.

Also the song kinda felt way to slow - speed it up to 140-160 bpm, then we're talking.

Also, you held the E-powerchord in the verse riff et al waaaay to long. If you're going for the Maiden-Style, bring in a D- or a C-chord once after every 2 bars of E.

The chorus section felt especially unorganized. The vocal line didn't complement the riffs and there was no direction in the guitar melodies. Tighten things up a bit - they don't have to necessarily move all over the place, rather focus restraint on some simple, cool melodies and go with that.

The lead guitar in the solo was actually quite good and shows lots of promise, unfortunately you make the same mistake of playing ONLY the E-chord underneath. Bring in some other chords, so the solo feels more moving and not so boring.

Also, if you want to harmonize guitars (and stick to the template as laid out by Maiden), try other intervals instead of just the "boring" octave. A third would be more colorful, or a sixth. And don't necessarily have one guitar just following the other. One can play chords while the other plays the melody, for example - and please don't even have the bass follow yet the same melodic line, it should rather lay down the harmonic foundation (ie. following the chords).

If you need specific starter pointers, I can cook something up with the parts.
Okay, well, I updated it with the things you said would make it sound better, and I completely redid the drum line (Thanks for the crit, by the way), and it sounds so much better now.
Attachments:
Cool4.2.zip
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty

after a crit like that on Hellbound believer, i have to comply =p

i agree, it has definately got an iron maiden feel to it, but i have to say, drums = bad, no regular need to have a good solid beat

the solo was quite good, its quite near to dave murray's legato style, but the ending was slightly disappointing with the fact that it just melted back into the main riff

a fair bit of room for improvement, but to be fair, it isnt bad =]
Thanks for the crit dude!

The intro riff is very good, especially with all the instruments, but it really lacks something to keep the tight rhythm with chords, to keep a kind of 'base' (no, not bass =P) if you like. As the song progresses, it reminds me very much of 'Dance of Death' (I think it's that one) by Iron Maiden. The solo also reminds me of something that Maiden would do, so if that's what you're aiming for then kudos to you =P,

As someone above me said, however, the drums really did suck and you have to change them. I would also get rid of the flute or change it to a guitar, I dislike the tone that it has - it doesn't really fit the song.

Overall, however, I think that you have yourself a very solid foundation for a potentially great song. Record it, tweak with it, add layers and you will soon have something a lot more 'powerful' if you like. But I liked it man, 8/10